Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Obviously we don't know the whole story and I imagine that dealing with a club and agent over there will not be easy -is there a chance of this third-party ownership farce?
What encourages me is that IF these sums are correct, then the club is clearly going for it this year to get us over the line -and beyond. Sums such as 6.5 million also mean that the net can be cast much wider than the usual 1.5/2 million half-decent championship striker. If the current strike force is enough to deliver the promised land, and there is much debate about this, then it might not be necessary to spend at all in January, but a "star buy" would clearly signal intent, with its consequent positive effect on the fans. It may well bring back the missing five thousand on a regular basis. Exciting times.

Very much agree with this. Whether we are successful in our pursuit of Calleri or not is almost moot now. The club have signalled their intent to secure the extra forward that may tip us over the edge and they are prepared to pay for it, considering the rewards on offer in their view the investment will be worth it.

The club seems to so much more on the ball off the pitch this season. The chaos of the Burke era seems well and truly behind us as we have set up about the task of being promotion contenders with a real sense of purpose.

Also the now well publicised nature of this proposed deal can only help to sharpen the minds of the strikers already at the club. These are exciting times indeed.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Ulloa??? *crosses fingers*

Yes, Ulloa was a real asset for us and I was sad to see him go, though fully understood his wish to play at the top level in this country. I think he started well at Leicester but of late does not seem to be playing, and one wonders why? Of course it might be he does not get on with the manager and a whole host of other reasons may be at play. But it might also be that, compared to their other strikers at that level, they do not consider him as anything more than back-up. Of course, different players thrive for different reasons at different clubs, and whilst I would not for one moment say we should not try to get him back, perhaps on loan for 6 months, I just wonder whether he would in reality be the long-term striking solution at the top level. Heresy, I know, but head is as important as heart.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'The Seagulls are also interested in another South American striker together with Calleri’s Uruguayan international team-mate Nicolas Lodeiro, an attacking midfielder.' - Have there been any clues as to who this other striker might be?
Chances are he'll be the striker the club has been after all along.

Being linked with JC still seems somewhat out of our league, in every sense of the word.
I wouldn't be surprised if every party involved is playing a 'game' of some kind.

For it all to work out, JC comes to Europe, Boca gets top dollar without protracted haggling, and the Albion walk away with their 'unknown' target.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chances are he'll be the striker the club has been after all along.

Being linked with JC still seems somewhat out of our league, in every sense of the word.
I wouldn't be surprised if every party involved is playing a 'game' of some kind.

For it all to work out, JC comes to Europe, Boca gets top dollar without protracted haggling, and the Albion walk away with their 'unknown' target.
Makes sense. You could well be right.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Poor but adequate translation from Google:

Hello to our friends mouth,
we come in peace on Calleri .
we need so we can beat our neighbors unwashed Crystal Palace .
They want to be like River Plate and as Thet not wash them and have sex with their dogs.
Please join us in our abuse of these gypsies thieves here .. http://www.holmesdale.net
long life to Boca .

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Poor but adequate translation from Google:

Hello to our friends mouth,
we come in peace on Calleri .
we need so we can beat our neighbors unwashed Crystal Palace .
They want to be like River Plate and as Thet not wash them and have sex with their dogs.
Please join us in our abuse of these gypsies thieves here .. http://www.holmesdale.net
long life to Boca .

genuinely made me laugh out loud .....:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Chelsea haven't said anything. The source of news of Chelsea's interest is a journalist. Who knows where he's got that info from?

And the reporter doesn't seem to know when the Argentine season ends.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Given all these top level suitors, if genuine, we aint got a prayer.

However, what about the creative approach?
A lot of these top clubs buy young players and bung them straight into a feeder club or on loan to get experience. Send Barber to chat to Chelsea and Inter and thrash out some arrangement. We get him until at least May or maybe end next season, then he has automatic release option to go the bigger club with pre contract. Whether we buy and they get first refusal at x price, or they buy and we chuck in something to have him until at least May. Getting him in for at least the run in, would be Gold Dust, as the land of 100 million per season is just over the hill.

He's not going to sign 4 or 5 years with us imho, and he wont choose us over the big guns, they may not play him just yet, so doing a deal with one of them could be a win for both clubs and player.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Given all these top level suitors, if genuine, we aint got a prayer.

However, what about the creative approach?
A lot of these top clubs buy young players and bung them straight into a feeder club or on loan to get experience. Send Barber to chat to Chelsea and Inter and thrash out some arrangement. We get him until at least May or maybe end next season, then he has automatic release option to go the bigger club with pre contract. Whether we buy and they get first refusal at x price, or they buy and we chuck in something to have him until at least May. Getting him in for at least the run in, would be Gold Dust, as the land of 100 million per season is just over the hill.

He's not going to sign 4 or 5 years with us imho, and he wont choose us over the big guns, they may not play him just yet, so doing a deal with one of them could be a win for both clubs and player.

Sounds rather complex. If Albion are spreading the net to the far shires then this lad isn't the only option.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just in case they start to read this thread.

hola a nuestros amigos de boca ,
venimos en paz sobre Calleri .
lo necesitamos para que podamos vencer a nuestros vecinos sin lavar Crystal Palace .
Ellos quieren ser como River Plate y como ellos Thet no lavar y tener relaciones sexuales con sus perros.
por favor , únase a nosotros en nuestro abuso de estos ladrones gitanos aquí .. http://www.holmesdale.net
larga vida a Boca.

Very good indeed! Laughing out loud in my office - not so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here