Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Oh we do. We've won 7 games, unbeaten, but with only a goal difference of +7. We're just doing enough (as @El Presidente said on Facebook)

Also, now is the time to do the deal, as we're clear at the top. Quite an enticing proposition.

Leeds the team we have just beaten won the league in 1968/9 with 66 goals and only lost two(2) games all season

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd be highly surprised that the Albion would allow this transfer to be so publicly open.

Smells like Bullshit to me. I'm still hopeful of him coming but we've got to wait a good few months until any of us actually know really what's going on.

They haven't made it public. The journalist has. And he was correct about our interest last time.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Leeds the team we have just beaten won the league in 1968/9 with 66 goals and only lost two(2) games all season

They did that with a Goal Average of 2.54. So far, we are achieving 1.78, whilst Reading currently have 2.43. Early days still, but we are shipping a few too many goals for comfort. This may be (as other posters have said) down to our attack not being able to relieve the pressure off the defence.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They did that with a Goal Average of 2.54. So far, we are achieving 1.78, whilst Reading currently have 2.43. Early days still, but we are shipping a few too many goals for comfort. This may be (as other posters have said) down to our attack not being able to relieve the pressure off the defence.

helped no doubt by a 8-0 thrashing of Saints, but I get your point we do need someone lethal in front of goal sooner rather than later

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
thought I read somewhere that Barber's been over to sort this, along with an attacking midfielder ?
It was tweeted by a journalist - or at least the Twitter account named after him - that someone was flying out. The bit about it being Barber was just the logical assumption made.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough, I'd choose 3 wins to go up as a better chance than averaging 2 points per game over 30 games..

It's only happened to us once in four attempts, whereas getting promotion automatically has been far more frequent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I disagree. The playoffs are a lottery, and rarely does the in-form team, get promoted.
Well we weren't the inform team last time. The playoffs may be a lottery, but it's a 1 in 4 chance. Prior to our second game against Palace we were worthy favourites and had a better chance than now. There are too many decent teams just behind us. We could have hoped that Clement would take a long time to get used to management and the Championship, but they look pretty good now, as do a few others.

Fair enough, I'd choose 3 wins to go up as a better chance than averaging 2 points per game over 30 games..
2 wins (vs Palace and Watford). Although we don't need to average 2 points over the next 30 games.

Last edited:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The two playoff years were better chances than being top of a strong league after just a quarter of the season.

First one was arguable but did you really think we had any chance of going up the second time?

More importantly, come the start of the January transfer window we are likely to be better placed than in either of those seasons

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well we weren't the inform team last time. The playoffs may be a lottery, but it's a 1 in 4 chance. Prior to our second game against Palace we were worthy favourites and had a better chance than now. There are too many decent teams just behind us. We could have hoped that Clement would take a long time to get used to management and the Championship, but they look pretty good now, as do a few others.

2 wins (vs Palace and Watford). Although we don't need to average 2 points over the next 30 games.

Have you just contradicted yourself?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't think so. If you disagree, please explain.

Being an in-form team and favourites. We finished the season well, Palace just scraped into the playoffs. Out of the four teams we were the most in-form, or maybe second after Watford, who also fell by the wayside.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Being an in-form team and favourites. We finished the season well, Palace just scraped into the playoffs. Out of the four teams we were the most in-form, or maybe second after Watford, who also fell by the wayside.
Yes, I agree. But that wasn't the last time. Last time, we weren't the inform team.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I do hope this isn't some clever wind-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here