Jonathan Calleri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[tweet]656449773738790912[/tweet]

[tweet]656451051512532992[/tweet]

Brighton did offer 10m dollars Calleri to take him in December, Boca if you sell it would yield in June 2017

Boca has 10 days to accept or reject the offer of Brighton Calleri.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brighton did offer 10m dollars Calleri to take him in December, Boca if you sell it would yield in June 2017

Boca has 10 days to accept or reject the offer of Brighton Calleri.

What on earth does this actually mean ? ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the "yield" word could be mis/literal translation, and could mean the deal pays out in June, or is available for June (for new season).

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
the "yield" word could be mis/literal translation, and could mean the deal pays out in June, or is available for June (for new season).

If I've read previous posts correctly his league finishes in November and he would be expected to sign and play another half season and tough one at that from Jan onwards! Not sure that would be expected to happen.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This lad is at the business end of his domestic season so won't have much of an opportunity to come over to Sussex and check out what sort of club and area he'll be moving to. They will win the title in their next league match and he also has a Cup semi-final coming up soon, so he'll hardly be focused on his next move. Surely you let him get these matches out of the way, then he can pop over before the Cup Final if Boca make it.

Or are the Albion afraid that by this time other clubs will be sniffing around?

This has all the hallmarks of a Tony Bloom high-stakes poker hand.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
This lad is at the business end of his domestic season so won't have much of an opportunity to come over to Sussex and check out what sort of club and area he'll be moving to. They will win the title in their next league match and he also has a Cup semi-final coming up soon, so he'll hardly be focused on his next move. Surely you let him get these matches out of the way, then he can pop over before the Cup Final if Boca make it.

Or are the Albion afraid that by this time other clubs will be sniffing around?

This has all the hallmarks of a Tony Bloom high-stakes poker hand.

Question is how much do Boco need the money; I'm guessing all this work wouldn't have been done if there was a more then reasonable chance of it happening.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have a good feeling about this transfer, I do however believe a couple of wins and maintaining our top place would certainly help it along though.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The word yield in this case is on par with the English yield as in "give in/give way" not yields as in "yields dividends" so no chance it refers to a clause. I understand the tweet as: Brighton have offered $10m to take Calleri in December however Boca only want to sell in June.

Meaning: If we really want him now (this approaching window) we're going to have to make a better offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports