Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnson out

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
England's egg chasers were NOWHERE NEAR good enough this whole tournament. And losing to the French is the WORST possible failure.

I f***ing HATE the French.

So get rid of that brainless lump Johnson and bring in somebody with a bit of nouse

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
England seem to be an extremely poorly coached team and Johnson should carry the can. Too many errors, too many penalties, leaden footed and dim-witted. Even if they had scraped through this game they would have been pasted by the Welsh who played magnificently earlier.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Pens ffs we give away so so many.

seagulls

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I've always said MJ wasn't good enough. Good captain in his day because he's big, strong and determined. Those qualities mean NOTHING in management however.

Now Warren Gatland, there's a man with a Rugby brain. It's no surprise to see the Welsh going strong

D

Deleted member 18477

Martin Johnson is good enough. Toby Flood ISN'T! He lost England that game. He can't handle the pressure of big games. Johnson now knows that. New number 10 needed in 4 years time that's for sure!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Martin Johnson is good enough. Toby Flood ISN'T! He lost England that game. He can't handle the pressure of big games. Johnson now knows that. New number 10 needed in 4 years time that's for sure!

Yet every year were talking about England discipline its beyond a joke

seagulls

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Discipline, or lack of it, has been our biggest enemy in this world cup. The sheer number of penalties we gave away made life incredibly difficult. However today, we were cut apart by a team who were at the top of their game and finding gaps in our defence. Our defensive coaching needs to be a lot better as some of the positions we got ourselves into were simply schoolboy.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Discipline, or lack of it, has been our biggest enemy in this world cup. The sheer number of penalties we gave away made life incredibly difficult. However today, we were cut apart by a team who were at the top of their game and finding gaps in our defence. Our defensive coaching needs to be a lot better as some of the positions we got ourselves into were simply schoolboy.

Thing is, it's not just the World Cup, Johnson has been like a broken record for 12 months about indiscipline and penalties. It would appear therefore either the players are not responding to what he says, or he is picking the wrong players. Either is good reason for a change.

I also don't want to hear another rugby player bleating about all the media attention. They spend four years moaning that football gets all the profile and slagging off footballer behaviour. Then on their big stage they blow it good and proper on and off the pitch.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
An elderly man swerved going down the road and is stopped by the police around 1 a.m. The Cop asked him, "where are you going at this time of night".
The old guy replies, "I am going to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body."
The officer then asks, "Really? Who is giving that lecture at this time of night?"
The man replies, "That would be my wife."

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
an elderly man swerved going down the road and is stopped by the police around 1 a.m. The cop asked him, "where are you going at this time of night".
The old guy replies, "i am going to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body."
the officer then asks, "really? Who is giving that lecture at this time of night?"
the man replies, "that would be my wife."

?? Wtf?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
England Need Cipriani to sort his f***ing head out. Could be the best 10 in the world, but just acts like a prized prick.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
It's the same as it's been ever since Johnson took over. Attritional rugby. In order to compete at International level England need to pick up the pace of their possession. It's far too slow and predictable. If anything, England look over-coached, too often they play the structure and don't play what's in front of them.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agreed on predictable including the amount of penalties we give away.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
egg chasing is for fat sport spastics.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
England Need Cipriani to sort his f***ing head out. Could be the best 10 in the world, but just acts like a prized prick.

That's because he is a prized f***ing prick

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
For me, the team has the ability, just the tactics are not there. That lies with the management.

It's going to be hard for the team to build up confidence if the management stay the same.

England wouldn't have got to the final, they've been poor all tournament. It's not necessarily that they lost to France, it's more that they had lost the game by half time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here