Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bit of a joke if you ask me???
4 game ban
£220,000 fine

Discuss

Agreed. It's DISGUSTING that you can't go round racially abusing people without punishment. PC brigade etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So so bored of this Terry shit now.

Why doesn't he just retire so that he can spend more time with your wife?

Actually made me laugh out loud.

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
why only 4 games? suarez got 8 games? absolute joke!

Dan Levenes post on Chelsea FC | Latest updates on Sulia

If found guilty, it is expected that a ban will be issued: likely to be more than the standard three games for a serious red card, but less severe than the eight games handed to Suarez for his admission that he repeatedly used racial language (Terry is accused of one breach of the rule).

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Agreed. It's DISGUSTING that you can't go round racially abusing people without punishment. PC brigade etc.

i know plenty of the extended ferdinand family quite well and all this business like your comments is laughable, sorry melletron. this is a media typhoon that none of them can control. i have had ferdinands of all colours in my own house at the same time at parties and there is no way they would take any of this seriously. its out of hand.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i know plenty of the extended ferdinand family quite well and all this business like your comments is laughable, sorry melletron. this is a media typhoon that none of them can control. i have had ferdinands of all colours in my own house at the same time at parties and there is no way they would take any of this seriously. its out of hand.

If that is the case why did Anton refuse to shake Terry's hand last week?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If that is the case why did Anton refuse to shake Terry's hand last week?

you will have to ask him that mate, all i can say is as above, they are good people and a more colour blind family you couldnt hope to meet. like i say perhaps he is being worked from behind. all i know is what i know of them personally. none of this rings true they would never do this off their own backs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally this is a ridiculous fine as I suppose we must think the FA really is above the law

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
you will have to ask him that mate, all i can say is as above, they are good people and a more colour blind family you couldnt hope to meet. like i say perhaps he is being worked from behind. all i know is what i know of them personally. none of this rings true they would never do this off their own backs.

Fair enough, I do sometimes wonder who advises people in the media spotlight and what their intentions are.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Fair enough, I do sometimes wonder who advises people in the media spotlight and what their intentions are.

thats my point mate. they are just normal people and to be honest some of the family (mainly white) have been in and out my house every other day for years. they are a mixed race south london family who know this is all a storm in a tea cup and would not give a shit. its got out of hand like i say.

terry has spent his working life with more black people than most people on here would meet in a thousand lifetimes. imagine being judged by them who havent got a clue. i dont know him, but i find it hard to believe you can be a modern footballer from inner london and be an angry racist, you would just combust. but it sells papers. dont believe all this bollocks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Seems a small penalty for 11 months of media bollocks. The big picture is he's out of the England team, but he's on the wane and I'd rather take my chances with Lescott and Jones / Jagielka.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
really and really? this is tabloid football fan speak oh the money means nothing. same as an 80 quid parking fine means nothing to anyone i suppose. f*** being fined that sort of money no matter what i had, if it wasnt fair.

Yes really. Sadly fines of this nature to people on such ridiculously overblown salaries are immaterial. In my view longer bans would be a far more effective deterrent. I don't think he should have been fined at all, I think an 8 match ban similar to Suarez would have been a more fitting and consistent punishment. You can dress JT's behaviour up any way you want ,but he clearly called Anton a "Black C*nt" and that is unacceptable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Written reason released, and wow. Sam Wallace has been tweeting bits of it:

Sam Wallace ‏[MENTION=612]Sam[/MENTION]WallaceIndy
BREAKING: The FA have published the written reasons for John Terry's guilty judgement on their website
FA Terry written reasons: only Anton Ferdinand & lip-reading expert Susan Whitewood gave evidence. Terry & Ashley Cole were not called
FA-Terry: Anton: 'I was annoyed by what JT said ... I said 'How can you call me a c***, you shagged a team mate's missus, you're the c***'
FA-Terry written reasons: 'Mr Terry's decision not to give evidence ... denied Commission opportunity to see evidence tested & evaluate it'
FA-Terry finds: 'Mr Ferdinand did not accuse Mr Terry of racially abusing him & did not use word 'black' or any reference ... to ethnicity'
FA counsel argued that Terry changing his story over Alexis Sanchez red card v Barcelona in CLSF demonstrated he was 'untruthful'
Commission on Terry Barca red card 'actions in crucial CLSF show he's capable of losing self-control ... relevant to our overall assessment'
FA argue 'Ashley Cole's evidence has evolved & word 'black' introduced retrospectively into the witness statement that he provided to FA'
Cole said in 1st FA interview he heard Anton say 'B-word'. 'Commission have considerable doubt over Cole's claim Ferdinand used word 'black'
FA-Terry written reasons: CFC secretary David Barnard sent email to FA asking for word 'black' to be inserted into evidence of Ashley Cole
Ashley Cole claimed he had told FA that Anton used word 'black' in his original interview. FA Jenni Kennedy adamant that was not the case
'Commission has very real concerns about accuracy of Mr Barnard's recollections & motivation for assertions he makes in [Cole] statement'
Commission: 'These highly material issues relating to Mr Cole's evidence were not addressed by the Chief Magistrate [in criminal case]'
Ashley Cole evidence was key to Terry's not guilty verdict in court. With FA, Cole's evidence hugely undermined by disclosure of amendments
Commission: 'Victim impact statement of Ferdinand makes it plain he's been badly affected ... subject of hateful abuse & adverse comments'
FA counsel on Terry's words: 'perhaps an almost unconscious stream of invective delivered in anger & without thinking through consequences'
Commission: 'Sir David Richards, the chairman of the FA Premier League, testified as to Mr Terry's generosity' *no show without Punch*
Confirmation from Commission that Terry's £220k fine was 'index-linked' ... ie, in line with his salary
Awkward for CFC secretary David Barnard, an FA councillor who sits on FA international committee. His recollections 'materially defective'
Commission say changes by Barnard to Cole evidence 'provide direct support for Terry case ... [&] appear to be clear purpose for inclusion'
Commission: 'Very real concerns about accuracy of Barnard's recollections & motivation for assertions he makes in [Cole] witness statement'
Chief Magistrate Riddle described Cole's evidence in 13 July court judgement as 'corroborating (although far from compelling corroborating)'
Commission: 'Chief Mag would've examined Cole evidence v carefully indeed, or scrutinised even more closely [in light of Barnard evidence]'
Why did CPS not have Barnard emails to FA amending Cole statement, or did not make more of them? Commission calls them 'cogent new evidence'
Alarming for Anton Ferdinand, he appears to have acquired a 'wife' on p5 of commission report. I'm sure he said in court he was unmarried

Full written report:
http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2012/oct/~/media/22A83175745E44468105B57232F085B7.ashx

Last edited:

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
All childish stuff this and other name calling , Terry for saying it and Anton for snitching . Many times i have been called names at school and at work , who gives a f--k , sticks and stones and all that , get real we seem so wrapped up in cotton wool these days. Think of all the money spent in courts etc , sure some childrens hospice would appreciate this money more.

My opinion !

bj7i2o.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here