Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Imagine that. Your captain whacking someone and getting sent off and letting everyone down. You would never forgive him would you ?

Imagine doing it 3 times in 2 seasons.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Imagine that. Your captain whacking someone and getting sent off and letting everyone down. You would never forgive him would you ?

Imagine doing it 3 times in 2 seasons.

Would you be talking about a certain sweaty sock by any chance,he did the same at his former club when they needed him most , just before the play offs and they lost

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Would you be talking about a certain sweaty sock by any chance,he did the same at his former club when they needed him most , just before the play offs and they lost

And I'd say he learned from the experience. Superb this season. Rather than being a complete idiot time and time again and yet still believing himself to be above the laws of the game and law of the land.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

It was during the semi-final which they went on to win. It was a dangerous high tackle and not a deliberate off the ball incident.

Terry claims he's "not that kind of player", and says he's "aware of how it looks on the replay" - as if the replay somehow casts a misleading light on the offence!

It's atrocious sportsmanship. If they had lost the tie last night it would have been better justice on Terry, and I'm not so sure his team-mates and manager would have been so forgiving. He is a shame on the game of football.

Isn't it time that a manager should show more cajones and denounce such acts from their players? It's like there's some nod and a wink in this once-great sport that it's quite okay to cheat and gain advantage by damaging your opponent. I remember that it goes back to the sort of players like Gentile of Italy in 70's international games, elbowing players in the ribs when the ref had his back turned.
Terry is exceptionally foolish now there are reviews of footage and bans handed down afterwards.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
He was trying to give him a crafty dig but was not very crafty, get away with it in lower league football but not in a champions league semi with refs and cameras everywhere

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Was I alone in reacting to Gary Nevilles comment of "I just don't know why he did that" with "because he's a mindless thug, Gary!"

John Terry is a prick of the very highest order, and just when you think he has reached rock bottom in your estimations he denies the intent of the foul, before then re-thinking (well, being told I'm sure) and deciding to apologise to everyone.

Cock.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Was I alone in reacting to Gary Nevilles comment of "I just don't know why he did that" with "because he's a mindless thug, Gary!"

John Terry is a prick of the very highest order, and just when you think he has reached rock bottom in your estimations he denies the intent of the foul, before then re-thinking (well, being told I'm sure) and deciding to apologise to everyone.

Cock.

Spot on.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
f***ing idiot, end of. Chelsea need their experienced players in games like that and then he does something SO stupid. I'm glad he isn't playing the final, he doesn't deserve to be in it (probably miss another penalty again as well). The fact he is now denying his actions, which is completely blatant to everyone else is crazy. Be an honest man for once Terry, everyone knows the type of person and player you are.

Dont get me wrong, for England he is a fantastic player and puts his body on the line, but if he did that in the Euros, it would cost England.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
He is a total c*nt... Hate him. Vile human being. I can't wait for the next few years as he gets older and just dissapears out of football...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The best possible punsihment for John Terry -

Frank Lampard lifting the European Cup / Champs League trophy.

I for one would love it. Everytime JT see's that photo it would remind him of the crass stupid action he took and the fact that he is not above all laws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here