• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
And here's my question, if you don't mind: how long have you been living there for?

I came over in October 2002, so 18 years now. I was on an H1B visa for three years and then renewed for another three years (which was the maximum). At that point you had to apply for your Green Card (lawful permanent resident) if you wished to stay.

I was granted my Green Card in 2009. You can apply for your citizenship once you have held the Green Card for five years, so I had been eligible for a while. I hadn't done it previously because it really didn't grant me any additional benefits (other than voting), but you have to renew the GC every ten years. The cost isn't much more to apply for citizenship, than to renew the GC, so I decided it made sense to apply for citizenship (that, plus the fact that I simply didn't trust this White House administration with their record on immigration, so I thought it best to secure citizenship while I could).

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
There's dumbing down of politics by the tabloid media....and then there's this...

EmACuZ0WoAAoVMk.png

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Big money to be made* backing those results.

* - although when your bets lose, you'll find you've actually lost money.

I didn't say I expect Trump to win those States, I said him losing them is no longer a sure thing. (Although PA is now much more than it was when I posted)

Is this you chap?

[tweet]1324099928667291648[/tweet]

I can confirm, although we look and sound very similar, and say almost identical things, that is infact someone else.

(Not sure why I deserved that tbh, I'll take it on the chin none the less)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All going as per I thought it would

I.e. thought he’d lose, but will he leave?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Honest to God, Trump and his cronies are batshit crazy. How on earth certain posters on here can even begin to defend them beggars belief. Those posters should be utterly ashamed.

9am “huge fraud has happened”
10am “I’ve won”
11am “stop the count”

I mean, you can’t make this stuff up anymore. I’ve come to the conclusion that Republicans are like infected foot and mouth cattle, I.e. some are innocent but you’ve just got to burn the whole herd really to get the disease eradicated as quickly as possible.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Beyond his closest allies and family, I don't expect there is going to much support for him in the Republican party after his behavour. The vultures are circling.

They've retained control of the Senate and got an extra Supreme Court seat so I imagine the Republicans will take that, move on from Trump and attempt to rebuild their reputation. Plenty of GOP lifers detest Trump as an opportunist. If he wants to contest results he might find he's on his own.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Beyond his closest allies and family, I don't expect there is going to much support for him in the Republican party after his behavour. The vultures are circling.

Go on CG, what do you mean? I can’t imagine any of the Republican Party will ever admit they were responsible for letting trumpzilla take control. They should be ashamed, privately many might be, but ego and sense of self importance will surely prevent that? It’s human nature to keep digging rather than admit you’re in a hole.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They've retained control of the Senate and got an extra Supreme Court seat so I imagine the Republicans will take that, move on from Trump and attempt to rebuild their reputation. Plenty of GOP lifers detest Trump as an opportunist. If he wants to contest results he might find he's on his own.

Bit embarrassed to ask, but how does the senate, congress, house of reps and the Supreme Court all connect/operate in terms of power in this election? Believe Democrats control House of Reps and Republicans the Senate and that’s unlikely to change.

Sorry if put on spot, a K.I.S explanation would be enormously appreciated! That question to anyone really!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Go on CG, what do you mean? I can’t imagine any of the Republican Party will ever admit they were responsible for letting trumpzilla take control. They should be ashamed, privately many might be, but ego and sense of self importance will surely prevent that? It’s human nature to keep digging rather than admit you’re in a hole.

I'm not suggesting they will admit anything, but strategically they have moved the party into a demographic cul-de-sac. It may well win elections now, but all parties have to think about the future. Same for the Tories going for Northern votes and Labour dumping Corbyn. Appealing to a core base can only be a short term tactic.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
at some point, someone will have a word with Trump about legacy, there is another hope for him and the family in 4 years time. could run Trump-Trump ticket. sleep well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here