Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm not suggesting they will admit anything, but strategically they have moved the party into a demographic cul-de-sac. It may well win elections now, but all parties have to think about the future. Same for the Tories going for Northern votes and Labour dumping Corbyn. Appealing to a core base can only be a short term tactic.

I see.

Read a great article about the culture clash this election is being played out against. For example, I didn’t realise that this year, more children in the US were classified as non-white than white for the first time ever. And by 2040s, the population will be 51% non-white. Which is why we’re largely seeing a Custer’s last stand from middle America against what they see as a liberal, non American, non Christian alliance attacking their values, and culture that’s also leaving them increasingly behind on all fronts including wealth, future prospects, education etc. I have much sympathy for that, because it’s happening here too. How you discuss, engage, approach it however... my god, even Farage looks liberal compared to his ‘great friend’ Donald.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I see.

Read a great article about the culture clash this election is being played out against. For example, I didn’t realise that this year, more children in the US were classified as non-white than white for the first time ever. And by 2040s, the population will be 51% non-white. Which is why we’re largely seeing a Custer’s last stand from middle America against what they see as a liberal, non American, non Christian alliance attacking their values, and culture that’s also leaving them increasingly behind on all fronts including wealth, future prospects, education etc. I have much sympathy for that, because it’s happening here too. How you discuss, engage, approach it however... my god, even Farage looks liberal compared to his ‘great friend’ Donald.

It will pass. I don't much time for Piers Morgans views on woke and cancel culture, but there is an element of truth in it. Sometimes you just to accept some people have "old fashioned views" and just get on with your life.

Trump, Brexit etc.. all a backlash against a "new truth" that you accepted or were forgotten about and thought of as uneducated trash. I don't have to agree with those peoples views to understand why something that has smoldering in the background for years that suddenly caught fire.

We had to wake up in this country after Brexit. I think Democrats will wake up too after the shock of Trump.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I see.

Are you saying that you think white right-wing Christians are suffering inequality in terms of wealth, opportunities, education and more?

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
I came over in October 2002, so 18 years now. I was on an H1B visa for three years and then renewed for another three years (which was the maximum). At that point you had to apply for your Green Card (lawful permanent resident) if you wished to stay.

I was granted my Green Card in 2009. You can apply for your citizenship once you have held the Green Card for five years, so I had been eligible for a while. I hadn't done it previously because it really didn't grant me any additional benefits (other than voting), but you have to renew the GC every ten years. The cost isn't much more to apply for citizenship, than to renew the GC, so I decided it made sense to apply for citizenship (that, plus the fact that I simply didn't trust this White House administration with their record on immigration, so I thought it best to secure citizenship while I could).

Ha. Everything above.

Except January 2002. Green Card from 2005 to 2019, then Citizenship application in 2018 due to possibility of Trump actions potentially splitting up our family.

As per normal AZ Gull is full of wisdom, not only of the Albion at all levels, but taking the correct steps to ensure calmness in the face of bonkershipdom.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately even when all this finally goes away Mitch McConnell will still be running the country.

America will only be a little bit better off without The Trumpster.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
America will only be a little bit better off without The Trumpster.

Yes. I will allow myself a long draught of schadenfreude if/when he loses, but Trumpism isn't going anywhere soon.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
In Arizona, Trump supporters are rallying outside a key election centre to demand they continue counting votes, claiming it would be fraud if they didn't. Trump is narrowing the gap here.

In Michigan, Trump supporters are rallying outside a key election centre to demand they stop counting votes, claiming it would be fraud if they didn't. Biden is narrowing the gap here.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
In Arizona, Trump supporters are rallying outside a key election centre to demand they continue counting votes, claiming it would be fraud if they didn't. Trump is narrowing the gap here.

In Michigan, Trump supporters are rallying outside a key election centre to demand they stop counting votes, claiming it would be fraud if they didn't. Biden is narrowing the gap here.

:ffsparr:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]1324200240694648834[/tweet]

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I see.

When you say first time ever I assume it is in the last 400 years since white people were the illegal immigrants in north america

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
at some point, someone will have a word with Trump about legacy, there is another hope for him and the family in 4 years time. could run Trump-Trump ticket. sleep well.

Not sure Trump will seem such an attractive electoral prospect after this (probable) election loss. I imagine a lot of Republicans backed him because he was a winner and their interests could be advanced despite him, now he just looks like a whining loser with four years of being described as the loser-in-chief ahead.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unemployment takes a sharp rise:

Donald
Melania
Donald Jnr.
Ivanka
Eric
Jared
Tiffiny
Ha ha! Hoping that this is true, just woke to see Biden edging to the line.. Great news for so many

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
When you say first time ever I assume it is in the last 400 years since white people were the illegal immigrants in north america

against-immigration-leaving-56a7549d3df78cf77294af8d.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Arizona not over yet, tightens another 10k towards Trump, some the latter batch though more heavily democrat. Gonna be close

Then there's GA, very close now more democrat counties to come

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]

any updates on this red wave?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Arizona not over yet, tightens another 10k towards Trump, some the latter batch though more heavily democrat. Gonna be close

Then there's GA, very close now more democrat counties to come

5/2 for the Republicans at the moment.....great value if it is going to be close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here