Joao Teixeira

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
TEx(small).JPG

Difficult to photograph because he kept losing the ball.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Although admittedly Baldock is mis-firing on the goal scoring front at the moment...He will start scoring too sooner rather than later.

This is a complete leap of faith. He's shown nothing to suggest he can cut it as a goalscorer in the Championship, in fact quite the reverse.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had a striker banging in the goals, but strikers are judged on goals scored and he can't complain about the service with KLL, Murphy and March all presenting him with multiple chances. That said, he still offers us something provided we replace Hemed with a proper finisher; hypothetically if that striker was, say, Ulloa or Murray then Baldock has something to offer.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Absolutely NO WAY would he to go to Bolton

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There have been quite a few Tex threads in the last 12 months.

I may be a minority, but I really don't think he was that good for us. Between 4 and 6 good games.

Don't want him back and would prefer Harper to eventually be given a chance.

In terms of Baldock, he would not be a natural replacement in any case.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There have been quite a few Tex threads in the last 12 months.

I may be a minority, but I really don't think he was that good for us. Between 4 and 6 good games.

Don't want him back and would prefer Harper to eventually be given a chance.

In terms of Baldock, he would not be a natural replacement in any case.
He dissapeared from games when we were getting out muscled and out played in midfield - he's certainly not the type to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. However, with Kayal and Stephens running the show in midfield most weeks, he'd be absolutely rampant.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He dissapeared from games when we were getting out muscled and out played in midfield - he's certainly not the type to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. However, with Kayal and Stephens running the show in midfield most weeks, he'd be absolutely rampant.

Don't think so, even in the rare games last year when we were on top, he frequently chose wrong options (though that is why he was on loan, to learn).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't think so, even in the rare games last year when we were on top, he frequently chose wrong options (though that is why he was on loan, to learn).

One word - Ipswich. The guy is total class but was a kid learning in a shit team with shit players all around him. He would shine like a beacon with the current players IMO, although our forwards would probably continue to squander any chances he might make for them.

My memory may be playing tricks but I thought he was starting to look like our best player late in the season before his unfortunate injury and appeared much tougher and harder to knock off the ball.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One word - Ipswich. The guy is total class but was a kid learning in a shit team with shit players all around him. He would shine like a beacon with the current players IMO, although our forwards would probably continue to squander any chances he might make for them.

My memory may be playing tricks but I thought he was starting to look like our best player late in the season before his unfortunate injury and appeared much tougher and harder to knock off the ball.

Agree with this....looked better and better. Got stronger and also improved his decision making. Could see him and Tomer up top in a 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 working but he'd need to up his workrate a bit perhaps.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think you are right in that he was improving, and yes Ipswich was one of the 4 or 5 decent games out of the ?30 or so he played, which for me ratio wise is unacceptable.

Whilst he may shine in a better side, alternatively you could argue that if he is as good as people suggest, he would have stood out a lot more, in what was a very poor side.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Still not getting in the Liverpool squad. Creative and gets goals and could be put on the wing in the role Orlandi played for us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Losing March, KLL and Baldock means that I for one will be happy to see Teixeira return to the Albion.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Didn't we break him last time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports