Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Teixeira

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
There's a good piece about Teixeira in the Liverpool Echo bemoaning how at the age of 23 he's hardly, bar his season with us, played any first team football. Its unlikely that he's going to stay at Liverpool.By offering him a new contract then it means that Liverpool get a small fee back if he leaves.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/blood-red-teixeira-liverpool-exit-11455733

He'd be a lovely addition to the squad but I suspect we have other priorities.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Love to have him at Brighton but would he fit in to the club's system and I remember him allowing himself to be intimidated by Middlesborough's George Friend.Perhaps he's learned from that.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Could be an addition to the squad but to shoe horn him into our starting line up could compromise our current style of play. I'd happily have him as a plan B but if he wants regular first team football it might not be at Brighton

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We need players who cane change things when best laid plans are not working I think he would be an asset if we could afford it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Could be an addition to the squad but to shoe horn him into our starting line up could compromise our current style of play. I'd happily have him as a plan B but if he wants regular first team football it might not be at Brighton

I agree with that. The thing is, he could easily start. As I recall, it was only in the last knockings that CH made minimal changes to the starting 11 so to have JT in the mix from the off would be a good thing to me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Great footballer but gives you nothing defensively so yes a nice addition to the squad but I would want more for my money than what he gives

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Would be a fairly cheap option and is quality in my opinion, gives us something different.

He must have some really bad advisors if he spends another season rotting at liverpool. He didn't even get a look in from klopp during coutinho's absence.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A good player who did well for us during some difficult times.
If he were to come back here I would be happy to welcome him back, but I suspect we ha be other priorities

I hope he gets picked up somewhere. He should be playing first team football

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great footballer but gives you nothing defensively so yes a nice addition to the squad but I would want more for my money than what he gives

Exactly what is wrong with football these days, a flair player who offers nothing defensively is seen as a negative. I would fecking love him to come on and unpick defences with his ability. We are not blessed with players who can do that. Knocky can, who else?

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
A good player who did well for us during some difficult times.
If he were to come back here I would be happy to welcome him back, but I suspect we ha be other priorities

I hope he gets picked up somewhere. He should be playing first team football

If I can correct your first line to read.

A player who did well for us sometimes.
And that is about it, came up to the mark one in five games, did not turn up sometimes.
Not good enough in my opinion.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

And that is about it, came up to the mark one in five games, did not turn up sometimes.
As a young player with zero experience of the division in a team bereft of confidence. Even Knocky, in a team flying had some ineffectual performances. I'd have him back, certainly more creative and a better finisher than Baldock. Creativity and finishing are what get you out of this division

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He keeps on losing the ball. Not only explained by him being specially marked.

I think one of our faults since OG left has being unable to retain the ball when needed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Spot on. Got stronger as he went on, but he had 5 decent games in a near whole season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here