Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A real positive tonight. Worked hard and really keen to get on the ball whenever he could and I just wanted us to keep finding him as he always looks dangerous. Also tracked back the full length of the pitch and made a brilliant interception in our area at one point which will please RDZ after his comments this week.

I really do think he’s top quality and hope he starts again next week.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A real positive tonight. Worked hard and really keen to get on the ball whenever he could and I just wanted us to keep finding him as he always looks dangerous. Also tracked back the full length of the pitch and made a brilliant interception in our area at one point which will please RDZ after his comments this week.

I really do think he’s top quality and hope he starts again next week.
Agree. He made a difference when he came on. His clever link play could easily have created a goal, on another day it would have. He is tremendously skillful and I also hope he will start next week.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don’t understand why he was dropped in the first place TBH

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Was boiling my piss why Mitoma, Estepunian & Pedro were all bunched up down the left. He should have been in the box more
He does seem to get around like an excitable puppy..would imagine very keen to make a positive impression but could do with a little more positional discipline..lots of potential though and I think he looks great running at speed with the ball

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Didn''t score today but I thought he was great. He stretched their defence very well and created chances. He also cleverly 'won' several free kicks in useful areas much like Murray or Barnes used to. I saw some criticism of him on the match thread earlier, I was surprised as he was a real handful.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Didn''t score today but I thought he was great. He stretched their defence very well and created chances. He also cleverly 'won' several free kicks in useful areas much like Murray or Barnes used to. I saw some criticism of him on the match thread earlier, I was surprised as he was a real handful.
Agree with you fully.

Surprised there were any negative comments, he was brilliant today?! Contender for MOM along with a couple of others.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I thought he was very good. Room for improvement for sure, but he's a clever player - I reckon he and Ferguson will become a very good partnership. Was at the game so don't know about negative comments on here but very surprised if so!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I thought he was very good. Room for improvement for sure, but he's a clever player - I reckon he and Ferguson will become a very good partnership. Was at the game so don't know about negative comments on here but very surprised if so!
I think it's possibly because he cost £30m, therefore we have higher expectations that he will set games alight. So far, he hasn't - and has been outshone by Ferguson, March, etc. I agree though, when he & Ferguson get on the same wavelength - defences will be scared stiff.

His attempted backheel in the box today would have been wonderful if it had come off, and I think there's a lot that looks good, but doesn't quite yet work out for him.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
looked excellent on the half turn. no doubt he will be a great player for us, can see him getting involved quite a lot, which is a good sign. usually problematic signings would drift through games like today looking totally anonymous (a la jahanbakhsh).

only slight criticism i would have of him is that i think his touch let him down once or twice today, but that’s no big deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here