[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agree with you fully.

Surprised there were any negative comments, he was brilliant today?! Contender for MOM along with a couple of others.
Not for me. Lots of huff and puff, and definitely works well with Ferguson, but lots of heavy touches.

Work rate was outstanding though.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Expect to see him and Ferguson starting most of our trickier games. Any side we expect to finish between 9th and 2nd in the league and thus be direct competition.

We have to remember he’s not in there to score 15 league goals like a main striker would be (if playing 90%+ of league games). He’s mostly gonna play that role in behind so needs to be chipping in with 6-8 non-penalty goals like Mitoma or March and then excel at the other stuff which he’s been showing good signs of so far.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
looked excellent on the half turn. no doubt he will be a great player for us, can see him getting involved quite a lot, which is a good sign. usually problematic signings would drift through games like today looking totally anonymous (a la jahanbakhsh).

only slight criticism i would have of him is that i think his touch let him down once or twice today, but that’s no big deal
The inaccuracy of the last pass was what stood out today and what may be attracting the criticism. It seemed like on three or four occasions three was a simple pass to put us through and he either miscontrolled or fluffed the pass. These were very visible and frustrated those around him.

But gets into great positions, holds the ball up well. That pass will come. Question is will he get time on the pitch? There is so much competition up front.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Expect to see him and Ferguson starting most of our trickier games. Any side we expect to finish between 9th and 2nd in the league and thus be direct competition.

We have to remember he’s not in there to score 15 league goals like a main striker would be (if playing 90%+ of league games). He’s mostly gonna play that role in behind so needs to be chipping in with 6-8 non-penalty goals like Mitoma or March and then excel at the other stuff which he’s been showing good signs of so far.
Do you think Barcelona's no.10 will have any impact on his opportunities?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I think he may go with same front 4 v Utd but bring Fati on with Welbeck in the second half at some point.

It was just a fantastic all-round display yesterday and Joao Pedro was a big part of that imo.

He’s definitely Joao Pedro by the way - JP has to be Van Hecke - I’m pretty sure Dunky and co. all refer to Van Hecke as JP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good first half but faded a little in second and will need to work on his composure and first touch.
This are exactly my thoughts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is so much competition up front.
Barca’s number 10, an 18 year old potential 100m striker, Wellbz, Pedro….It wasn’t long ago we were disappointed when every window closed and yet again we hadn’t signed a striker to go with the lonely one we already had.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Barca’s number 10, an 18 year old potential 100m striker, Wellbz, Pedro….It wasn’t long ago we were disappointed when every window closed and yet again we hadn’t signed a striker to go with the one we already had.
Don't know about you, but I was excited when we signed Roland Bergkamp!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If there were concerns by RdZ about his work rate against Luton I definitely didn’t see any lack of it yesterday

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not for me. Lots of huff and puff, and definitely works well with Ferguson, but lots of heavy touches.

Work rate was outstanding though.
Will have to differ with you on another forward. If Evan hadn't got his hat-trick, I'd have given MotM to Joao Pedro. He was integral to our game plan, found pockets of space, picked the ball up and drove forward, and caused havoc. Sure, everything didn't pay off especially the final ball, but he devastated them and made their defence look decidedly ordinary.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was some nobber in WSU Block I constantly tearing into him yesterday. You have to question at 3-0 up how anyone could have been so ‘angry’ against our own player 🤷🏻‍♂️ bet he’s fun at home

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Will have to differ with you on another forward. If Evan hadn't got his hat-trick, I'd have given MotM to Joao Pedro. He was integral to our game plan, found pockets of space, picked the ball up and drove forward, and caused havoc. Sure, everything didn't pay off especially the final ball, but he devastated them and made their defence look decidedly ordinary.
That’s fine. All opinions.

His work rate was excellent, and I agree running with the ball as well, which created space, coming short though less effectively than Evan, however the end product was not great, and often heavy touch, bad decision making or going down far too easily.

He’s a really good player, no doubt, but for me was some distance from MoM, behind, Evan, Gilmour, Gross, Veltman PvH and Solly for starters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports