Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak, 23yo Czech attacker, confirmed signing.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I like the cut of this fellow's jib by golly.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
More importantly, he fills the 'Albion man who likes a puffer gilet and toy dog' vacancy left by Oscar. I have a feeling Jiri & Brighton will get along famously.

image.jpg

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Anyone seen him play before? Any feedback on what his qualities are?

Ive not seen him other than on TV.
Sparta supporting mate on FB:
'Contract is closed
I guess he is first Czech player In Brighton
And yeah he was the best player of the fall here
But I liked him since his 18. He played in boleslav just this fall otherwise only sparta'

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He looks like Glenn Murrays younger psychotic brother.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I hope he signs as I now have a Czech wife and am residing here in Olomouc, CZ for 6 months. She's been to a few games and this will help cement her love of the Albion. Was hoping Vydra would sign earlier this season.

A few of the lads in the office support Sigma Olomouc and they ask about the Albion. Having a Czech player will make them interested.

Im getting same reactions. After plugging the Albion to Czech colleagues. they were mildly interested, now they are very interested.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Thank you for opening my eyes to the ghastly predicament we are in. Like in the song of the Emperor's New Clothes, I thought we were doing OK, but now I realise the extent of my delusion, my time would be far better spent following another club - any club - 'cos they're bound to be better organised than we are...............

:facepalm:

Hahaha, only on NSC do you get someone saying they wish the club had signed a proven goalscorer (which they did not) and have someone twist it to "Brighton look absolutely SHOCKING, everyone should support anyone but them, they're awful.".

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
One of my workmates is a big Celtic supporter and is definitely underwhelmed by them signing CKR

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm excited by this signing. What's not to like about signing a young, technically gifted player who can play on either wing or as a number 10 and is a current international for a proper footballing nation?

This has been a decent window; we've covered the left back issue, signed cover/competition for stephens and kayal and increased our creativity/attacking options by bringing in a couple of quality wingers.

We're looking in very good shape for a top six spot and with Middlesbrough finally letting in goals there's no one to fear in the division so top two is not out of the question.

Team for friday: Stockdale, Bruno, Dunk, Goldson, Ridgewell, Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal, LuaLua, Zamora, Wilson

Bench: Maenpaa, Calderon, Crofts, Sidwell, Skalak, Murphy, Hemed.

That's quality!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just watched the intro film on Player. If he is a winger, he spends a hell of a lot of time up front in the middle. Play him next to Bobby, he will score some goals. Fingers crossed of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here