Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak, 23yo Czech attacker, confirmed signing.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
You've just named four of the top five. I named the sides at the bottom (all of which the top Czech sides would beat)
He's got to be better than Weimann at Derby anyway. Be impossible to be less effective. Plus we have Bolton next week so he'll be right at home.

I hope the lad smashes the onionbags in for us mate it not was i was getting at i meant.
Our expectations are getting higher at Albion from what i read on here every day, so some people are very underwhelmed, and I admit i am at the moment when our competitors are signing players like Rhodes.
Although im not a great fan he does have a proven record in this division. What we are expecting by the looks of it is a player of that ilk, you see ?

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
He's a winger. The club have pushed him as a striker to tick some boxes for the fans desperate for us to recruit a striker.

Great addition, needs time to settle and would thrive off a proven scorer like Murray or Ulloa.

Ok then i will go back to my original statement then he is defineteley NOT THE ONE !!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Ok then i will go back to my original statement then he is defineteley NOT THE ONE !!

And I'd agree with you...

Hope the lad is given time to adapt and proves to be a great addition, obviously has potential but let's hope we don't try and try and put a round peg in a square hole..... Just remember when we did the same with Baldock and played him out of position.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And I'd agree with you...

Hope the lad is given time to adapt and proves to be a great addition, obviously has potential but let's hope we don't try and try and put a round peg in a square hole..... Just remember when we did the same with Baldock and played him out of position.

Baldock was playing wide on the left very well last season just before he got injured.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I forgot about Baldock another waste of £2 million as a striker started better on the wing then injured again very injury prone like Andy Caroll

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So this chap is now part of the Czech Republic team, and may be playing in France in the summer. He was also awarded the distinction of being the best player of their league in the autumn and was having Bundesliga teams sniffing around.

Crap signing.....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Phat Baz. King of the Billy Bullshitters and The Dr of talking absolute shite.

Seriously you must get a dig out of acting like such a tit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm sorry but this doesn't fill me with any confidence, in fact I would say those in around us have recruited better than us and bought in players in the most important position (and that is a proven goalscorer)

I'm excited by this young lad, but you are foolish if you believe he is the guy to get us promoted this season, firstly he's not a striker, he's a wide attacking midfielder, secondly he's never scored more than 6 goals in a season and has scored around 20 odd goals in 120 appearances.

We needed a proven goalscorer who can step straight in and deliver now. We may not get a better opportunity to get in the PL than we currently have.

Our midfield is without question strong, we have undoubted quality out wide but it's glaringly obvious that we need a much better version of Hemed who can actually take his chances or a fitter version of Bobby that can bring the quality he does but on a regular basis.

I can only hope that we are banking on doing exactly that in the loan window, if that's the case we've recruited well and continue to bring in players than can flourish with time. Unfortunately we currently don't have the time to enable them to find their feet this season.
Thank you for opening my eyes to the ghastly predicament we are in. Like in the song of the Emperor's New Clothes, I thought we were doing OK, but now I realise the extent of my delusion, my time would be far better spent following another club - any club - 'cos they're bound to be better organised than we are...............

:facepalm:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I felt really excited about this signing reading the Argus. Tune into NSC and I'm now depressed. Christ there's some negativity on here. And it gets to you sometimes.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
From reports and video clips it looks like he can play wide but also in the number 10 position. Gives us another option and as Wilson and Baldock have both been out ill / injured, then we might need him in that position.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ok, I'm pinning my colours to the mast here. I've watched the clips and I can't wait to see him play. He looks like a real character, crazy haircuts, quick feet, low centre of gravity, sees a shooting chance from anywhere either side of the edge of the box, scores a few, makes a few and a full international. This guy is going to be a star for us.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Phat Baz. King of the Billy Bullshitters and The Dr of talking absolute shite.

Seriously you must get a dig out of acting like such a tit.

Oohhh hasnt Mummy put enough sugar in your hot milk tonight little man !

Im just glad im not a ****wit like you pal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here