Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Jessie Lingard

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He's nowhere near sufficiently petulant, and he's a much better all round player (at Wet Sham, anyway).

Anyway, he's an icky thump, dyed in the woollen flat cap, Moss Side, ah kid, see me tats, John Cooper Clark, Northern tripe-gobbler. There is as much chance of him settling way down south as there is of me rocking up at the Amex tomorrow with a daffodil hanging out of my arse.

Palace it is, then :facepalm:
I recall people saying similar about Murray when he first turned up.

The delights of Oldham are beckoning.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Reports that his odds on joining us have shortened considerably over the past few hours.
Maybe indicative of initial discussions having taken place.
Salary surely an issue.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Reports that his odds on joining us have shortened considerably over the past few hours.
Salary surely an issue.

Don’t personally think he’ll come here anyway, but salary would not necessarily be an issue - it’s total compensation and in his case would be balanced out to some degree by a signing on fee…overall cost to the club over a contract term can be levelled.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We buy Koslowski, Enciso, Sarmiento, Mitoma AND STILL we are linked with moneybags Prem fading stars like Lingard. Why?? Isn't our modus operandi obvious enough?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We buy Koslowski, Enciso, Sarmiento, Mitoma AND STILL we are linked with moneybags Prem fading stars like Lingard. Why?? Isn't our modus operandi obvious enough?

Mostly agree, but:

Danny Welbeck
Adam Lallana

are both exceptions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mostly agree, but:

Danny Welbeck
Adam Lallana

are both exceptions.

I take your point but I think they were brought in partly to provide lost experience (Murray, Stephens) and be roll models for younger players.

The way Lingard behaves I think some of our Under-21 could give him tips on professionalism and conduct.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I take your point but I think they were brought in partly to provide lost experience (Murray, Stephens) and be roll models for younger players.

The way Lingard behaves I think some of our Under-21 could give him tips on professionalism and conduct.

what does he actually do? aside from a stupid video with him and his teammates here and there, doesn't seem like much.

he's also been looking after his younger siblings as well as his own child due to his mother's depression and has experienced mental health issues of his own
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/so...ard-details-heartbreaking-family-21094279.amp

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would think our priorities are as follows;
LWB /LB if we sell Cucurella
DM as a replacement for Bissouma.

I’d think we are ok for attacking midfielders.
Something ideally needed if Cucurella goes. We're already sorted in respect of Bissouma's expected and planned for departure.

Not overly excited about the possibility of signing Lingard, but if the recruitment people at the club think differently I'll bow to their superior knowledge and hope he has a brilliant part of his career here.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would think our priorities are as follows;
LWB /LB if we sell Cucurella
DM as a replacement for Bissouma.

I’d think we are ok for attacking midfielders.
With five subs this season you need to fill it with some quality game changers. I expect a couple of incoming attacking options.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can’t see it for various reasons but would absolutely love it if he came here.

Excellent player and despite lazy sterotyping saying otherwise, a decent character and pro.

Like Welbeck, who also had the same lazy sterotypes labelled to him on his original thread, he would be a fantastic signing.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Salary surely an issue.

From 16/1 yesterday into 5/2 today is quite a jump.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lingard didn't really impress here 1st time round IMHO. But that was then, this is now. Not really gad much game time at MUFC recently. Could do a massive job for somebody. Maybe even us. Prob go to West Ham tho eh?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can’t see it for various reasons but would absolutely love it if he came here.

Excellent player and despite lazy sterotyping saying otherwise, a decent character and pro.

Like Welbeck, who also had the same lazy sterotypes labelled to him on his original thread, he would be a fantastic signing.

Agree and think fans underrated him during his spell with us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was decent with us last time. Has developed his game a lot since then.

Personally would be happy to see him here, think he is the sort to flourish with regular minutes on the pitch.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If West Ham don't want him then we're definitely a viable option.

None of the top 6 will be in for him so if West Ham who are the obvious destination aren't in for him then there's actually only one other team who finished above us. On a footballing front we'd be a decent proposition we're established as a team that plays good football and he'd fit in with how we play.

There would also be Dunk and Bruno still at the club from when he was on loan and former Man Utd and England team mate Welbeck could put in a good word as could former England team mate Lallana.

The only issue is that he'd be a really good signing for Newcastle who could blow any financial package we offer out of the water.

I have absolutely no idea if we are interested in him but he showed at West Ham what a good player he can still be. I'd be quite happy if he ended up signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here