Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Jessie Lingard

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jebus, it is just a rumour, he would take one look at this board and think, feck that.

I'm not talking about getting pissed up or being a knob, I'm talking about getting your head down and focusing on being a footballer.

I'm surprised he has time to turn up to training with his business empire: JLINGZ LTD, M.Y.M. CLOTHING LTD, BE YOURSELF CLOTHING LTD, JL COMMERCIAL LTD, JL11 PROPERTIES LTD, A STARS PRODUCTS LTD - all 'live' on Companies House, as well as his defunct JCL PROMOTIONS LTD and FUTURE X VENTURES LTD.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm not talking about getting pissed up or being a knob, I'm talking about getting your head down and focusing on being a footballer.

I'm surprised he has time to turn up to training with his business empire: JLINGZ LTD, M.Y.M. CLOTHING LTD, BE YOURSELF CLOTHING LTD, JL COMMERCIAL LTD, JL11 PROPERTIES LTD, A STARS PRODUCTS LTD - all 'live' on Companies House, as well as his defunct JCL PROMOTIONS LTD and FUTURE X VENTURES LTD.

wow, someone sounds a tad jealous, who cares what business's he has invested in, most players have their fingers in lots of pies for the future, after their short but glittering careers come to an end. Actually it makes sense, would you he rather blow it on drink, drugs or gambling ?

Come on

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
wow, someone sounds a tad jealous, who cares what business's he has invested in, most players have their fingers in lots of pies for the future, after their short but glittering careers come to an end. Actually it makes sense, would you he rather blow it on drink, drugs or gambling ?

Come on

You could say the same about MPs. A relatively short career for many, so why bother with the job in hand when you can start building your empire now?

I'm a great believer that in order to do a job properly and to the best of your ability you have to give it 100% and commit fully to it. I don't believe he has done that.

Lingard has lots of natural talent but will be 30 in December and has had one and a half good seasons in the Prem out of seven although - in his defence - he's not the only one that has been mailing it in for United in that time.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can't see this happening. By and large we are looking for the next young bright talent (more often than not) and with Sima, Kozlowski, Mitoma, Encisco, and Fergusson I think the immediate future is covered to a large degree. Can't now see us spending much more this summer unless Cucu or Trossard goes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't see this happening. By and large we are looking for the next young bright talent (more often than not) and with Sima, Kozlowski, Mitoma, Encisco, and Fergusson I think the immediate future is covered to a large degree. Can't now see us spending much more this summer unless Cucu or Trossard goes.

You are probably right but we could do with a Lallana replacement, he really is a sick note but that was the gamble we took. Don't see him doing anymore than cameos now so maybe the club do need another experienced player. He does know where the goal is too.

Having said that I am very meh about him personally but I wouldn't be against us signing him. He does have some amusing and silly dance moves and let's not forget that he also broke Palace hearts.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Has anyone seen his new TikTok videos?

Absolute cringe. He's all about his brand, and a tiny bit less about his football...

If he focussed properly he could be brilliant - and then the brand follows. I think he's doing it the wrong way round personally.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has anyone seen his new TikTok videos?

Absolute cringe. He's all about his brand, and a tiny bit less about his football...

If he focussed properly he could be brilliant - and then the brand follows. I think he's doing it the wrong way round personally.

That’s such a lazy comment. Why, in July during the off season is whatever he have on social media relevant ?

Social media is a huge part of everything now - hence our own club getting involved and making players do stuff for ‘content’

In recent years he’s had to care for his little brothers due to his mother being ill, so if he chooses to do some stupid videos that are harmless who cares? During the same time we had our own players getting pissed up in pubs between games and people lapped it up.

I know what is less harmful

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't feel it's a lazy comment. The videos are all well-rehearsed and as I said, cringe. He's making a genuine effort to build his brand, and I genuinely think it's not the right way to do it. Go to TikTok and have a look...

He's always been about his brand and personally I feel it's to the detriment of his playing career - which is why he slid so far down the pecking order at Man Utd, and if you're way down the pecking order there.. well... say no more.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't feel it's a lazy comment. The videos are all well-rehearsed and as I said, cringe. He's making a genuine effort to build his brand, and I genuinely think it's not the right way to do it. Go to TikTok and have a look...

He's always been about his brand and personally I feel it's to the detriment of his playing career - which is why he slid so far down the pecking order at Man Utd, and if you're way down the pecking order there.. well... say no more.

But he was making videos at West Ham and tore it up. The Man Utd thing is he’s just not quite good enough. But I don’t see any correlation between the 2

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not in a market that hasn't had a penny wagered until some mug slams down a tenner.

I remember when Gus was with us and suddenly went to stand out favourite for the Chelsea job from nowhere.

Bookies odds, mostly, are nothing to go on.

Although someone had inside on GPott at the time.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lingard didn't really impress here 1st time round IMHO. But that was then, this is now. Not really gad much game time at MUFC recently. Could do a massive job for somebody. Maybe even us. Prob go to West Ham tho eh?

Can we have Juan Mata instead .. would do the Llalana role and be at bit less injury prone I think . Great experience to add to the dressing room

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can we have Juan Mata instead .. would do the Llalana role and be at bit less injury prone I think . Great experience to add to the dressing room

100|% this, he would be a huge benefit to us

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Trossard won't go. The Belgium manager, Martinez, has advised his players not to switch clubs before the World Cup.

I agree with the view that we probably won't sign many more after Enciso. If both Duffy and Clarke leave then we'll need a defender of course.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Wages. Very, very large wages.

Multiple sources online state he was on £75k a week at United.

As a free transfer we could easily get close to that and make up the rest with a signing on fee.

Sweeten the deal further with large goals and assist
incentives.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

But Lallallanana stop has a couple of years don't he.

We don't need another one

The one we have is good enough for that role.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
cant really see him going anywhere but West Ham, maybe Newcastle.

must be an easy gig, agent places a couple of £100 bets on a move, papers get wind of the shift in odd and clubs pull their finger out. or even a journo to create a story while everyones on holibobs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here