Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Wilson [signs on loan until the end of the season]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Too much of the thread to catch up on. Has it been mentioned he will wear number 21?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Fingers crossed Man U don't go through an injury crisis and what do we do when we play Man U in the FA Cup final :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's disappointing to see that Man Utd apparently have the option of recalling Wilson if they need him. I thought it was too good to be true that he would definitely be with us for the rest of the season. Oh well..

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2015/11/louis-van-gaal-i-allowed-man-utd-striker-leave/?

I would think that is pretty standard...not sure many Prem clubs loan out any 'good' players without a recall clause. Shows they rate him and what a coup we have got hopefully.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think the recall is standard beyond the first 28 days but won't be there once we convert it to a half season loan in january

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the recall is standard beyond the first 28 days but won't be there once we convert it to a half season loan in january

Looking at the rules (which aren't that easy to follow) I think that's right (53.3.10) although we might have agreed to a break clause in the standard half season loan (53.2.2)

Suspect it's a 93 day loan initially (max permitted in the window just closed) which will then be replaced with a new one in the next window through to the end of the season (which the clubs will have already agreed given the announcement is clearly 'rest of the season'). I reckon LVG just said the 'we can recall' line because he was getting so much stick yesterday, and they probably have a major signing lined up for January anyway

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
th59CPRVDW.jpg C'mon Wilson!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
both interviews with Van la Parra and Wilson were very enlightening both also have a good sense of humour
onwards and upwards

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
U
Looking at the rules (which aren't that easy to follow) I think that's right (53.3.10) although we might have agreed to a break clause in the standard half season loan (53.2.2)

Suspect it's a 93 day loan initially (max permitted in the window just closed) which will then be replaced with a new one in the next window through to the end of the season (which the clubs will have already agreed given the announcement is clearly 'rest of the season'). I reckon LVG just said the 'we can recall' line because he was getting so much stick yesterday, and they probably have a major signing lined up for January anyway

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

The rules aren't very easy to follow at all, however the rule covering season/half season loans states that recalls can only be instigated during a transfer window. In the deal for Wilson I would imagine the change to a half season loan will happen at the end of the Jaunary Window so Man Utd have the right to recall him from the 29th day of the loan until it is turned into a half season loan.

Here is the rule in full

53.2.2 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.3 below).
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#30ygAD0jJMssMQIp.99

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here