Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Wilson [signs on loan until the end of the season]

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There are a few videos. He looks a bit like Peter Ward did in style. Left foot is his first choice.

Looks like he could play the deep lying striker (false number 9) or the striker on the shoulder of the defender.

A bit like Texeira but with a better eye for goal. I expect he would get marked and closed down as quickly at Tex was, and he will have the same problems keeping hold of the ball.

He's not like Tex at all. I can see him playing alongside Hemed, Zamora or Baldock, and playing up front on his own. So he's an adaptable striker, not an attacking midfielder more suited to playing in the three of a 4-2-3-1 formation, which is what Tex is.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Does every good striker score in every match? Oh, perhaps not.

Maybe this guy is a very good signing, Most of us seem to think so. You just need a moan, perhaps?

Quite. Every club in the Championship wants another striker and just look at the other players that were available.

The club landed the best available. Most of us are delighted about that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry if this has been mentioned before ...but is this loan in 2 parts? Someone mentioned that its an eergency loan up until January and then until end of season from then? Would that explain why LVG has said at this mornings press conference why they can recall him.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Sorry if this has been mentioned before ...but is this loan in 2 parts? Someone mentioned that its an eergency loan up until January and then until end of season from then? Would that explain why LVG has said at this mornings press conference why they can recall him.

It has to be two parts. We can't sign him on a season long loan during the emergency window. So in theory we've signed him on an emergency with it being converted to full on the 1st of Jan.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Tremendous signing. Like to see him and Hemed start and Bobby come on when needed.

Mentioned above already but I do wish the 'recall' clause had been omitted.

LvG: "We believe in him and when we need him we can call him back." #MUFC

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Yes, it will be an emergency loan into January, and then a half season loan from the last day of the January transfer window, I suspect.

This means that Man Utd could recall him any time between 28 days into the loan, and the point at which it becomes a half season loan.

so,

1st 28 days - no recall possible.
From then until loan made into half season loan ( my guess last day of January transfer window ) - recall possible.
Once January window closed - no recall possible.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I can't wait to get my Tom Hanks on!

WIIILLLLSSSOOOOOON!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here