Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Wilshere - Nice post match quote re Brighton....

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Will be good to see Bridcutt up against Wilshere, should be one of the highlights. I love watching Wilshere play, without trying to sound too much like Ray Wilkins, that young man is a proper player.

Think he also labelled Gus as a great manager in that interview. Knows his football does Jack.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
They played a full strength team at Bradford, can't see them coming with a 2nd string to play us.

Normally I'd agree, but they have quite a fixture list over the next couple of weeks...

20/01 Chelsea v. Arsenal
English Premier League
Sun @ 13:30

23/01 Arsenal v. West Ham United
English Premier League
Wed @ 19:45

26/01 Brighton & Hove Albion v. Arsenal
English FA Cup · Fourth Round
Sat @ 15:00

30/01 Arsenal v. Liverpool
English Premier League

I thoroughly expect some squad rotation against us (which can only be a good thing?)

Does anyone else remember the Seagulls over London meeting, shortly after Gus first came to the Albion? The one where he admitted that his fantasy Cup game would be his Albion versus Wenger's Arsenal? Two teams playing possession football, constantly across the pitch, with neither team ever getting the ball anywhere near their opponent's penalty area. 0-0 guaranteed.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think it's a whooosh for you my friend. Let me break it down for you. I appreciate half our team are Spanish so obviously, in a jokingly way he's not good enough for Brighton. So that's when I counter with, jokingly, how come he's plays for Arsenal he's never played Ligue 1 or 2... Which!!! If you know your football is the French league... Where Arsene Wenger signs all his players. I hope this helps young fellow

Thank you for clearing that up! I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was completely confuzzled by the post :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The guy is an amazing player and I for one can't wait to see him at the Amex.

They played a full strength team at Bradford, can't see them coming with a 2nd string to play us.
Naa, it's bound to be a weakened team. After all, no one cares about the FA Cup, right? Its FAR more important to qualify for the Champions' League, that's what they always say.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Normally I'd agree, but they have quite a fixture list over the next couple of weeks...

20/01 Chelsea v. Arsenal
English Premier League
Sun @ 13:30

23/01 Arsenal v. West Ham United
English Premier League

26/01 Brighton & Hove Albion v. Arsenal
English FA Cup · Fourth Round
Sat @ 15:00

30/01 Arsenal v. Liverpool
English Premier League

I thoroughly expect some squad rotation against us (which can only be a good thing?)

They'll play a full strength team. The FA Cup is their only big chance of a trophy this season.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Is it a cliche that 'Brighton play nice football'? ... Is it a given now? it's a reputation! Even though the vast majority would never have seen us play, and if they had on TV, we were probably not really at our best.

Perhaps this reputation will be stitched into the fabric of the club - like West Ham and Spurs - for years to come and we'll all go ape shit when Allardyce comes and manages us.

I was watching the Arsenal Swans match and they are both great teams, though Swansea's punchy tiki-taka 2.0 is what interests me. Pass and move but threatening and fast, like Dortmund showed against City which blew my mind.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
From our point of view I hope they DON'T play...but from a football fans point of view I am DESPERATE to see Cazorla and Wilshire grace the middle of the amex pitch.

I imagine Gus's flairometer will go into overload.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here