Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Wilshere - Nice post match quote re Brighton....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
From our point of view I hope they DON'T play...but from a football fans point of view I am DESPERATE to see Cazorla and Wilshire grace the middle of the amex pitch.

I imagine Gus's flairometer will go into overload.

Precisely this. I would love to see Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott et al play against us. I would also like us to beat a team with them in it!! But realistically, the weaker team they play the better chance we have of going through. Of course, it really depends on a) how well the intervening fixtures for for Arsenal and b) how seriously Wenger is taking the FA Cup.

Dec 29, 2011
Precisely this. I would love to see Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott et al play against us. I would also like us to beat a team with them in it!! But realistically, the weaker team they play the better chance we have of going through. Of course, it really depends on a) how well the intervening fixtures for for Arsenal and b) how seriously Wenger is taking the FA Cup.

Their second team put 7 past Reading in the Carling Cup, doesn't matter what team they put out, it's going to be hard. At least if they put out Wilshere, Cazorla etc we get so see some quality players

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Their second team put 7 past Reading in the Carling Cup, doesn't matter what team they put out, it's going to be hard. At least if they put out Wilshere, Cazorla etc we get so see some quality players

Absolutely. Anyone who thinks a second-string Arsenal side will be comparable to the second string Newcastle side for example will get a big shock. Arsenal are a different level altogether and as you said (in bold), I couldn't agree more.

My friends are Arsenal fans so I've seen Arsenal at the Emirates a number of times and its even more noticeable live how quick their movement and speed of thought is. We needs to be 100% on top of our game.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Wait until Arsenal meet the Sussex Flairniacs!

*edit...please not another pants down spanking a la Liverpool*

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Wait until Arsenal meet the Sussex Flairniacs!

*edit...please not another pants down spanking a la Liverpool*

To be honest, I think this is one of the more likely results.
Although we did have a very weak team against Liverpool.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I've noticed you being a bit more positive recently. What's happened?

I'm touched that you noticed. I can only put it down to the happy pills that I'm on. :smile:

Seriously, though, I am over the moon about the signing of Ulloa, who I think will add that much needed aerial presence and strength up front that we have badly missed (in my view) for so long; and I'm very optimistic about the rest of the season as a consequence. The team has also upped the level of its performance over the last few games (I thought we were pretty good against Watford as well), which has undoubtedly been a factor in the development of my buoyant mood. Does this make me a fickle fan? Yes, I guess it does, and I'll probably have a moan again when we lose a few games in a row, but I've supported BHA for around 50 years now, 25+ as a season ticket holder, and will always feel passionate about the club and yearn for an ever better future. Another year or two in the Championship won't bother me but it would be great if we could reach the promised land sooner, ideally with Gus at the helm.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here