Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've just bought an iMac and it's brilliant....

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Do you all agree...I can't really see why you would use Windows after this....or am I missing something?

Parks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have had one since January, they are amazing

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How are you getting on with yours, Beach Hut? :cool:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How are you getting on with yours, Beach Hut? :cool:

Very well thanks, someone at work has one so learning a lot from them and thanks for your help.

More importantly Mrs Hut knows what to do now !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I am going to get one soon, but I will run W7 on it, simply because most of the software I use is PC only, also I cannot get on with OSX, no matter how much I try

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
I have to say, that after Windows it takes a little bit of getting used to, but the little things have all been thought about. The Bluetooth mouse and keyboard are great, the screen is fantastic and the applications are soooo cool. Oh and another thing it is so brilliant for iPhone....and photos....oh and e-mail...I LOVE it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And doing slow-motion minimising of windows to the Dock by holding shift and clicking on a yellow button of a window... I remember the Wow factor of that first time I used OS X :)

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I am going to get one soon, but I will run W7 on it, simply because most of the software I use is PC only, also I cannot get on with OSX, no matter how much I try

Can I ask why? (not wanting to start a binfest honest, just seems odd to me)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
once you go mac you never go back!

switched from pc to mac about a year ago - would never ever switch back. so much nicer to use.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
29717d1254089241-why-apple-fanboys-so-arrogant-isuck2.png

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The issue with iMacs are - they are not anything special. Its the Mac OSX that is different. And even then, sure its virus free, but its DAMN expencive, despite its almost Linux like marketing of being an alternative to Windows. its an expencive Linux. nothing to see here.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Except for the coolness factor and flashy UI they offer nothing over Windows 7, and obviously fail to compete in a number of areas e.g. gaming.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Except for the coolness factor and flashy UI they offer nothing over Windows 7, and obviously fail to compete in a number of areas e.g. gaming.

This.

Apple do my nut in! iTunes for the Ipod and their stupid App store. Jail broke my touch... (the iPod is the best thing they do - as long as its a touch/video, not a shuffel. THats wank)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Love Apple stuff, it looks nice. Plus it really winds geeks up when you say you like a Macbook, I-Mac etc.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
once you go mac you never go back!

switched from pc to mac about a year ago - would never ever switch back. so much nicer to use.

:thumbsup: have a MacBook and a PowerBook myself , wonderful machines

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
ah well it's become a binfest already anyway

just wondered what the thing is other than them being a bit sexy. I can see that myself, they are, but after that all I care about is the software these machines run. Do Macs do that better?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here