Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It wasn't 9-0 but..

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm afraid I actually agree with the OP. I know that Liverpool have to be good enough to put so much pressure on that we concede 3 own goals but, the hugging, the shirt swapping etc, made me want to puke after such a scoreline. Simple as that!

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
Not sure I understand why Poyet is being compared to Clough, but just to set the record straight Clough spent the first 2 years of his managerial career with Hartlepool where he won fk all and was eventually sacked in 1966. His first year at Derby saw them finish not far outside the relegation zone.

If your gonna compare a rookie manager at a small club to one of the worlds greats from a bygone era then at least try and balance the argument.

Do agree with OP though about the players attitude, they seemed a little too pleased to be here, but as others have said a lot of them are well out of their depth and eventually we will have a team full of winners.

Today (and Millwall) serves as a timely reminder that there is a lot to be done still.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Once the whistle ends the game, decent sportsman [pros or amatures] put the "battle" behind them win, lose or draw. Has WCP never noticed the rage of boxers become so luvvy-duvvy whe the final bell sounds. For me shaking the opps hand after a game of cricket is the fitting way to end the contest.

Ths doesnt take away from the fact that I may have had a dire game, or the whole team has been poor - it's sport and there is a competitive honour and mutual respect for your foe AFTER the event.

I can accept that ....

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yes I fully concede your arguments there Shropshire gull but, the point most of us 'moaners' would like to make is that as a so called 'professional' I would be embarressed by that scoreline and would not feel inclined to be too overly 'sportsmanlike' and swap platitudes or shirts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here