Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It wasn't 9-0 but..

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody!

Rocky-Steps.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

Ye he's stayed at Brighton long enough to gain a degree of success against a person who left after 60 odd days..pfffft

I was actually talking about his whole managerial record.

Gus got out managed again today that is why he needs to stay with us to learn his trade.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was actually talking about his whole managerial record.

Gus got out managed again today that is why he needs to stay with us to learn his trade.

If yur talking about his whole managerial record best put Peter Taylor alongside any recognition then ..IMHO he deserves half of the praise

Feb 14, 2010
I just thought the players had a grateful to be there attitude. That is pathetic if so, and thought I would never say this, but if so then they could learn something from Crumplin. Not the greatest player in the world but he didnt take a backward step at Anfield. The hugging after the game was just embarrassing and showed not an inkling of a mean streak. I want players to think along the lines of "..I dont want to win friends, I want to win.". They got stuffed on national tv so dont hug the people that humiliated you.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just thought the players had a grateful to be there attitude. That is pathetic if so, and thought I would never say this, but if so then they could learn something from Crumplin. Not the greatest player in the world but he didnt take a backward step at Anfield. The hugging after the game was just embarrassing and showed not an inkling of a mean streak. I want players to think along the lines of "..I dont want to win friends, I want to win.". They got stuffed on national tv so dont hug the people that humiliated you.

I think we got what u meant with ya first post lol

D

Deleted member 2719

If yur talking about his whole managerial record best put Peter Taylor alongside any recognition then ..IMHO he deserves half of the praise

I don't doubt PT was part of a great Managerial team as all successful manager have, but the end of the day Gus is not yet fit to lace cloughies shoes i do feel he will get better and eventually be a Prem manager but he is still a novice.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't doubt PT was part of a great Managerial team as all successful manager have, but the end of the day Gus is not yet fit to lace cloughies shoes i do feel he will get better and eventually be a Prem manager but he is still a novice.

Hmm..not so sure about lacing shoes bit,,,..but u are right re the novice bit

..the players hugging Liverpool players after the game shows a lack of mean, winning attitude. As Brian Clough would of said "... you need shooting after that performance not hugging". I want players to think "I dont give a sht who you are, have some of this..". The attitude was not good enough today and I hope Poyet explains that to them.

You should change your name to Gay Pride mush, because that was the bitchiest comment I think I've ever read on here.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Shambles and not helped by some of our players licking the a.s... of the Liverpool players
At least dam showed some attitude thanks goodness

Feb 14, 2010
You should change your name to Gay Pride mush, because that was the bitchiest comment I think I've ever read on here.

No mate its not. Can you think what Clough would have made of it? Turning up and being pleased to be there is not good enough. I praise them for their football, and backed them when the supporters o hoofing football raised their head on this site, but the snivelling grateful attitude of today should not be tolerated by players, management or fans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
..the players hugging Liverpool players after the game shows a lack of mean, winning attitude. As Brian Clough would of said "... you need shooting after that performance not hugging". I want players to think "I dont give a sht who you are, have some of this..". The attitude was not good enough today and I hope Poyet explains that to them.

Could certainly have done without Navarro hugging Gerrard during the game when Gerrard got substituted. That was pretty demeaning. Off yer knees Serf! While the game's in progress he's supposed to be the enemy y'know :rolleyes:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Indeed, Gus did his after match interview and did not seem to be too upset... I would have thought he would have been pretty succinct and a bit pissed off after today, I think we did NOT deserve that scoreline but even so, we should have been more pissed off as a team. ffs we hardly even got a yellow card today.. have we just rolled over and had our tummys tickled ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Indeed, Gus did his after match interview and did not seem to be too upset... I would have thought he would have been pretty succinct and a bit pissed off after today, I think we did NOT deserve that scoreline but even so, we should have been more pissed off as a team. ffs we hardly even got a yellow card today.. have we just rolled over and had our tummys tickled ?

Interesting ...as on another thread re poyets after match interview peeps hav said he was 'smiling through gritted teeth' ...o well

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Hardly surprising that the players swap shirts when so many of our fans were wearing those awful half & half scarves. We still seem to think we're a League 2 club who don't deserve to be on the same pitch or in the same stadium as a big club.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
No mate its not. Can you think what Clough would have made of it? Turning up and being pleased to be there is not good enough. I praise them for their football, and backed them when the supporters o hoofing football raised their head on this site, but the snivelling grateful attitude of today should not be tolerated by players, management or fans.
You seem to be fixated by the long departed Brian Clough! Management in Cloughie's day was a million miles away from today, he simply would not have worked in today's era!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here