Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It wasn't 9-0 but..

Feb 14, 2010
..the players hugging Liverpool players after the game shows a lack of mean, winning attitude. As Brian Clough would of said "... you need shooting after that performance not hugging". I want players to think "I dont give a sht who you are, have some of this..". The attitude was not good enough today and I hope Poyet explains that to them.

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks for sharing that with us. :thumbsup:

No problem mate. i suppose you think that hugging a side that have humiliated you on national tv is all fine and dandy. I dont, and nor would Brian Clough, Paisley or Ferguson. A snivelling, grovelling attitude is not good enough and for their own good they have to cut it out and get a winners mentality. Losing to a far better side is one thing, acting two bob in the process is another

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
No problem mate. i suppose you think that hugging a side that have humiliated you on national tv is all fine and dandy. I dont, and nor would Brian Clough, Paisley or Ferguson. A snivelling, grovelling attitude is not good enough and for their own good they have to cut it out and get a winners mentality. Losing to a far better side is one thing, acting two bob in the process is another

So if you played for Brighton and went to Anfield you would refuse to hug and Liverpool player?

It's sportsmanship.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

... and thanks for sharing that as well. :thumbsup:

And for telling me what I might be thinking, even if you are embarrassingly wide of the mark. :thumbsup:

Oooh, so much to thank you for... :love:

Feb 14, 2010
It was just sportsmanship, nothing else.

No its not, its a grovelling, snivelling attitude that is two bob. I would pin the players hugs up in the dressing room, as I called them in for extra training at 5A.M. to ram home the point that this club wants winners, with a winning mentality, not people that have a hug after being humiliated on national tv.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Should have hit them with a camera tripod or a bottle perhaps.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The scoreline and manner of defeat/goals was embarrassing today, I don't care what line of spin people try and use. If you're a decent Championship team, you shouldn't be giving away goals like that.

I left a Newport pub (admittedly full of Welsh Liverpool fans) at 5-1, missed the pen and sixth. Principally sparked by one of them coming over and saying 'Look mate, I'm not taking the piss [much] but surely this isn't your first-choice goalkeeper and defence...'

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
U wouldn't have done the same? Hard to believe u wouldn't

We're striving to be a Premiership team, not a bunch of star struck nobodies. It's all about an attitude, a self respect and a mentality isn't it? Would you want us to be doing it if we make it to the Premiership and play Liverpool?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We're striving to be a Premiership team, not a bunch of star struck nobodies. It's all about an attitude, a self respect and a mentality isn't it? Would you want us to be doing it if we make it to the Premiership and play Liverpool?

Fact is we aren't in the prem at the mo....and last year over half that team played league one footi..so personally I don't hav a problem with it....but hey wtfdik

Feb 14, 2010

Nail on the head. Icback Poyet, all the way, but the grovelling pleased to be here attitude was not good enough. Its not the scoreline, its the lack of mean streak today. They went to win friends and be patronised and that is unforgivable.

D

Deleted member 2719

As much as we like Gus he has a long way to reach Cloughie's standards.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Fact is we aren't in the prem at the mo....and last year over half that team played league one footi..so personally I don't hav a problem with it....but hey wtfdik

Absolutely agree with this, can't see how self-respect and sportsmanship are mutually exclusive anyway.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
The scoreline and manner of defeat/goals was embarrassing today, I don't care what line of spin people try and use. If you're a decent Championship team, you shouldn't be giving away goals like that.

I left a Newport pub (admittedly full of Welsh Liverpool fans) at 5-1, missed the pen and sixth. Principally sparked by one of them coming over and saying 'Look mate, I'm not taking the piss [much] but surely this isn't your first-choice goalkeeper and defence...'

Yeah I was sat with 2 cocks in pontypridd, the smug bastards thought it was hilarious everytime they said " Oh he's caught one this time". The second half was a complete shambles and certainly nothing to be proud about. Lets just see what happens at Hull.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think you're being a bit harsh. Firstly they swap shirts in the Champions' League final. Secondly we are indeed striving to be a Premiership team and we may well make it - but most of the Brighton players we saw today won't play in it with us as they're not PL standard. For them a Fifth Round FA Cup tie might be the only time they get to play at a full-house Anfield against a full-strength Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here