Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISIS have apparently burned the Jordanian pilot alive

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You see? You're struggling to find anything like ISIL in the Christian world. Even America Christian nutters cannot hold a candle to Islamic ones.

That is what I was eluding too in my reply, so yes at the moment it seems they are and yes your right.

That does not make Christianity any better as they have a history that would make these modern day attacks look like a walk in the park

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have thanks. This is what we've got so far:

You: They're not true Muslims
Buzzer: Yes they are. They've studied the Koran at length, their organisation is named after Islam, their aims are based on the teachings of the Koran, they were formed by a Muslim cleric. They are Muslim.
You: They're not because they twist the Koran. Same as Zionists aren't true Jews
Buzzer: But Zionists are true Jews. Are we debating whether ISIS are extremists or whether they are Muslim?
You: Bah. I'm losing in the fact of cold facts. Easily. Sorry, what I mean is I just can't debate with someone as ignorant as you.

Do tell me if I'm missing anything. If not, feel free to shuffle off back to the Upper 6th common room.
actually stone ham park has served in the forces and I believe done a tour of afghanistan, so I think he should be afforded a little respect, I happen to agree with buzzer, but that's no reason to start baiting him.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
actually stone ham park has served in the forces and I believe done a tour of afghanistan, so I think he should be afforded a little respect, I happen to agree with buzzer, but that's no reason to start baiting him.

Cheers, Bushy.
If you can, take a look at post #186 above and let me know your thoughts?
Be honest as I don't know if I'm going mad or not?!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
What's with the bizarre 6th form references, you've got no idea who I am.
If you want to debate, let's debate. Keep your ridiculously immature insults to yourself.

In your above post, you've kind of got it correct, but somewhere along the lines someone's misread or miss-interpreted the argument, maybe I've miss-typed.

What I previously posts was; ISIS aren't a true reflection of Muslims/Islam, in the same way that the WBC aren't a true reflection on Baptists/Christians and Zionists aren't a true reflection on Judaism.

They are all terror groups, creating chaos and violence 'in the name of _________ ".

The argument is, ISIS aren't true Muslims as they don't behave and have the ideals that the vast majority of Muslims do.
The same above statement goes for Boko Haram , BBS, WBC, KKK etc, etc.

If you disagree with any of the above, talk. I'd be genuinely interested to see if people disagree with that and why.

first one of the morning. wasnt that some nutty family that no one would have ever heard of if it wasnt for louis theroux.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What I previously posts was; ISIS aren't a true reflection of Muslims/Islam, in the same way that the WBC aren't a true reflection on Baptists/Christians and Zionists aren't a true reflection on Judaism.

Every single different schism, denomination, church or movement of EVERY SINGLE religion believe they are the true reflection of the teachings of their holy books. There is no single true reflection of Christianity, Judaism, Islam or any other religion. They all study and hold dear their own interpretations and they are ALL true forms of their own faith. Some are just more extremist than others.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you want to debate, let's debate. Keep your ridiculously immature insults to yourself.

In your above post, you've kind of got it correct, but somewhere along the lines someone's misread or miss-interpreted the argument, maybe I've miss-typed.

They are all terror groups, creating chaos and violence 'in the name of _________ ".

The argument is, ISIS aren't true Muslims as they don't behave and have the ideals that the vast majority of Muslims do.

If you disagree with any of the above, talk. I'd be genuinely interested to see if people disagree with that and why.

OK, fair enough, but you did say this:

I wan't these guys wiped out just as much as anyone but don't bring religion into it. They're not true Muslims.

But they are. They're fanatical Muslims. I will agree that we shouldn't be tarring all Muslims with the same brush, but I'd have thought the best way to do this in this country is for these people need to be confronted and challenged by moderates in the Mosques to prevent them gaining any sort of foothold. I think that takes courage to be honest.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

the thing is they all believe they are these things and its going to be very difficult sorting the Wheat from the chaff

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So could you also argue that the Taliban in Afghanistan are not true muslims because they are not representative ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Does the caveat "They be exiled from the land " mean they have to live on a houseboat then ?

I doubt it,the only bloke ive ever read in the Quaran who had a houseboat was Noah and im fairly sure he lost it as loads of people are always searching for it nowadays.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Every single different schism, denomination, church or movement of EVERY SINGLE religion believe they are the true reflection of the teachings of their holy books. There is no single true reflection of Christianity, Judaism, Islam or any other religion. They all study and hold dear their own interpretations and they are ALL true forms of their own faith. Some are just more extremist than others.

Semantics.
They are a true reflection of their 'schism' but they are not a true reflection of the religion as a whole.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm sure the intention of ISIS is to weaken the resolve of coalition member states.
In the case of Jordan they appear to have miscalculated as resolve against them appears to have hardened considerably.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
OK, fair enough, but you did say this:

I wan't these guys wiped out just as much as anyone but don't bring religion into it. They're not true Muslims.

But they are. They're fanatical Muslims. I will agree that we shouldn't be tarring all Muslims with the same brush, but I'd have thought the best way to do this in this country is for these people need to be confronted and challenged by moderates in the Mosques to prevent them gaining any sort of foothold. I think that takes courage to be honest.

My whole agenda here was to 'not tar all Muslims with the same brush', this was the main point.
I have multiple Muslim friends and colleagues who universally (as in each and every one) denounces these terrorists and each and every one has stated that they are following the Koran "the way they want to" which isn't the way that the vast majority of Muslims do follow it.

This isn't just from friends/colleagues, but from multiple Muslim clerics and various Muslim figures of authority.

Of course you could say they are 'Muslim Fanatics' because they declare themselves as Muslim and they are Fanatical.
To me, personally, this doesn't mean that they are True Muslims as I wouldn't dare to think of what my Muslim associates would think if I stated this to them.

Last note, you are totally right in that typical Muslims should confront/denounce/challenge these guys in the Mosques, this is similar to what I agreed with Westdene Seagull.
I also said that Muslim leaders in Afghan/Iraq/Iran/Saudi/Pakistan should take a stand to challenge ISIS.
I just can't see that happening, unfortunately.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Religion is a great manipulator, and those who want to manipulate others are the ones who spread the word to feed their ego and superiority complex. The Lord is not our sheppard but religion is full of sheepdogs, sheep and flocks.

Whatever the religion is, it is all based on the same format and to control the masses. Unfortunately for them it is they who need to be controlled.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Semantics.
They are a true reflection of their 'schism' but they are not a true reflection of the religion as a whole.

Once again there is NO SINGLE true reflection of ANY religion. It's not mere semantics because people have been bothered enough by the differences to set up their own churches, mosques and synagogues.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Again, is that the best you can do? The threat of Islamic terrorism is global. Currently civilised nations stand a chance of collapsing into mediaeval fundamentalism - and all you can say to support your argument is: "Well some African Christians behaved badly" It's a pathetic response, and you're usually one of the saner posters on here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the best contribution we could make is to agree not to supply arms to ANYONE in the region, but of course that's very lucrative isn't it?
It wouldn't work any more than the ban on drugs in this country. Any other ideas?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Once again there is NO SINGLE true reflection of ANY religion. It's not mere semantics because people have been bothered enough by the differences to set up their own churches, mosques and synagogues.

Good to hear that you're agreeing that they're not representative of muslims.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Semantics.

I agree with that, most Muslim's do not behead unbelievers after all. But ISIS are clearly Muslim, anyone saying otherwise is being deliberately disingenuous.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry, but he's right. They are muslim. It's indisputable.

You're getting beaten with ease, and are accusing him of being ignorant simply because of this fact. Are you still at sixth form?

I think you nead the bare in mind this is someone who thinks dropping a nuke is a good idea !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here