Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISIS have apparently burned the Jordanian pilot alive

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
ISIS are terrorists and evil. Strange to primarily identify them with a lot of people who have got nothing to do it.

yeah its really strange when they talk non stop about islam and want to build a global caliphate, and europeans leave their homes to join them. i dont know how people could make the association, rightly or wrongly, either. baffling.

oh yes thats right its because people are thick again.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I've just read back through and it's pretty crap seeing 3-4 sub-arguments going on, despite us all agreeing on the fundamental issues.
We all condemn ISIS for their acts, especially the most recent one.
We all agree that ISIS must be dealt with.

The only major issue now is how they are dealt with. This is the tricky issue here.

a lot advocate non intervention. so i wouldnt say that.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have wondered why he is still 'out there'. I'm sure we could have gotten him on 'hate speech' charges by now.

Maybe they don't want to give him the publicity.

Nothing to do with publicity,he is being monitored constantly but as the Home Office keeps saying he doesnt cross the line,he will slip up one day though.So currently you cant arrest him simply for being a follower of Islam,no matter how abhorrent he sounds.

many of the gang of idiots that follow him around are at least now off the streets for at least three years though after receiving Asbos a couple of weeks ago for attacking Shia muslims and a lone football fan in Oxford Street

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
is the correct terminology then "ISIS are muslim terrorists" as opposed to "ISIS are muslims"

What a load of Bollocks...Surely the correct terminology is "Isis are subhuman murderous scum"
Whether they are Black or white Muslim or Catholic is Immaterial.
They are a Terrorist organisation happy to Burn Sunni Muslim Jordanian Alive and Decapitate American and Japanese citizens.

What next???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
yeah its really strange when they talk non stop about islam and want to build a global caliphate
That they bang on about Islam doesn't mean we should judge other Muslims by their actions. Just as we don't judge all Christians when some nutter goes on a killing spree and says God told him to, and just as we don't primarily identify Hitler with the other Christians in the world.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
That they bang on about Islam doesn't mean we should judge other Muslims by their actions. Just as we don't judge all Christians when some nutter goes on a killing spree and says God told him to, and just as we don't primarily identify Hitler with the other Christians in the world.

Hitler was NOT a Christian, he may have been baptised one but he was not a practising Christian

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
ISIS are terrorists and evil. Strange to primarily identify them with a lot of people who have got nothing to do it.

They carry out these atrocities in the name of Islam/Mohammed, they do not hide this, in fact they shout it from the rooftops. The guys in Paris were shouting 'Allah Akbah' or some such like. The terrorists identify themselves as Muslim not me, that is not to say ALL Muslims are terrorists because the vast majority are not, but you apologists really need to stop denying the facts.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
disenfranchising young moderates making them more recruitable when an episode of mental illness comes along.

Are you saying that ISIS fighters are not actually evil, babaric, pyscopath scum who should be wiped from the planet, but are instead 'mentally ill'?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
They carry out these atrocities in the name of Islam/Mohammed, they do not hide this, in fact they shout it from the rooftops. The guys in Paris were shouting 'Allah Akbah' or some such like. The terrorists identify themselves as Muslim not me, that is not to say ALL Muslims are terrorists because the vast majority are not, but you apologists really need to stop denying the facts.

Which facts am i denying? You seem to be involved with word play here.

Yes the terrorists identify themselves as muslim. But that doesn't necessarily mean we should, as 1/4 of the worlds population identify themselves as muslim. We'd only be helping the terrorists goals by helping them recruit more disenfranchised vulnerable young muslims. It's about time you stopped being slow and realised that your attitude is exactly what the terrorists want.

Lastly if you think i am being an apologist you are interpreting my words incorrectly. We all think these guys are scumbags here, no one is defending them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
so in conclusion Isis are not muslims and shouldnt be identified with muslims but its important that their ideology is tackled and defeated by moderate muslims.

OK :shrug:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Are you saying that ISIS fighters are not actually evil, babaric, pyscopath scum who should be wiped from the planet, but are instead 'mentally ill'?

No, that's not what i'm saying.
Some are clearly ill.
Is brainwashing a form of mental illness?
Mental illness can lead to barbarism and evil.
Psychopathy could be described as a mental illness, although in medical terms it's usually referred to as sociopathy.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
so in conclusion Isis are not muslims and shouldnt be identified with muslims but its important that their ideology is tackled and defeated by moderate muslims.

OK :shrug:

Complicated isn't it?
In fact, lets brush it up a bit.

ISIS consider themselves to be muslims, but seemingly the vast majority of muslims don't identify with them or consider them to be true muslims.
Although ISIS are muslim, they are not representative of 1/4 of the worlds population, and we if we do primarily identify them as muslim it can only help their cause by disenfranchising the muslim youth and giving them somewhere to turn to at vulnerable times of their lives.
It is important that their ideology is tackled by moderate muslims with support from all.

How does that sound?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Yes the terrorists identify themselves as muslim. But that doesn't necessarily mean we should, as 1/4 of the worlds population identify themselves as muslim. We'd only be helping the terrorists goals by helping them recruit more disenfranchised vulnerable young muslims. It's about time you stopped being slow and realised that your attitude is exactly what the terrorists want.

Lastly if you think i am being an apologist you are interpreting my words incorrectly. We all think these guys are scumbags here, no one is defending them.

Wordplay? Me?

Terrorist is Muslim, terrorist identifies himself as a Muslim, but you say we should not necessarily identify them as such..............really?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Yes the terrorists identify themselves as muslim. But that doesn't necessarily mean we should.

We are the Islamic State in Iraq and Isis!

No you're not.

Yes we are. We've got the flags printed and everything.

I don't recognise that you're Muslim.

Are you an expert on Islamic Studies then?

No, but you're not like Mr Hussein who lives down the road.

And you're not like the Pope. So tell me about this Mr Hussein. Is he a Muslim cleric?

No but we've lots of clerics who condemn your actions.

So? We've lots of Muslim clerics who praise our actions. And we've got lots of converts from your country too. They're the ones shouting Allah Akbar in Brummie accents.

But we've got more

So? Does sheer number make it right then?

No but it means that you're not a typical Muslim.

So? We think we're right and they're wrong. And we aim to impose our will on them and you.

But you can't because we refuse to recognise you as a proper Muslim.

Good luck with that. How's that working out for you so far?

But it might work in the future.

What? By telling us we're not proper Muslims. You think we're bothered what people we refer as infidels think of our interpretation of Islam?

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
There are no doubt millions of Muslims who are peace loving gentle people. What ISIS does, unfortunately tars them also, by association.
IMO the major problem is that pacifist Muslims are rough shod by the ever growing radicals within the religion. Sadly, even within this country leading Muslims have been less than vociferous in their criticism of ISIS. And abroad they never do, it's because they fear a backlash. So the ideal of letting Arabs sort out the problem themselves is a non starter..... It won't happen, or it would have already.
I fear Its going to be a long haul, and messy. I served in the military for close on two decades and as advisor to Military Attaches mostly in the Far East for a further decade. And though I was hearing whispers from American sources donkeys years ago, of their fears with regard Muslims, I mistakenly thought they were overstating the case. Now I know they weren't. This is going to be a war of attrition with many of the enemy living amongst us.
I've slipped into my seventys now, and doubt I'll see this resolved in my lifetime. We've left it too late for a quick fix.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
We are the Islamic State in Iraq and Isis!

No you're not.

Yes we are. We've got the flags printed and everything.

I don't recognise that you're Muslim.

Are you an expert on Islamic Studies then?

No, but you're not like Mr Hussein who lives down the road.

And you're not like the Pope. So tell me about this Mr Hussein. Is he a Muslim cleric?

No but we've lots of clerics who condemn your actions.

So? We've lots of Muslim clerics who praise our actions. And we've got lots of converts from your country too. They're the ones shouting Allah Akbar in Brummie accents.

But we've got more

So? Does sheer number make it right then?

No but it means that you're not a typical Muslim.

So? We think we're right and they're wrong. And we aim to impose our will on them and you.

But you can't because we refuse to recognise you as a proper Muslim.

Good luck with that. How's that working out for you so far?

But it might work in the future.

What? By telling us we're not proper Muslims. You think we're bothered what you think of Islam?

Not sure i understand your point here Buzzer. Although i like the imagery of a guy with a brummie accent.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Mass genocide going on but yet again, everybody's talking about Religion.

Wiping out Isis, will be like painting over mould. The root of the issue goes a lot deeper than Allah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here