Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the amex too small?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

So you'd swap people that pay a lot of money for a seat in 1901 with those paying considerably less and reduce income for the club?

I really don't understand this obsession some people seem to have with making sure every seat is filled. Yes it would be nice if the ground was rammed but I don't lose any sleep over some empty seats, just so long as the ticket for that seat has been sold.

I'd cater for the demand.

On Saturday, the only areas that were not officially sold out was the 1901. Nearly 100 seats were offered for sale in the ESL area (dunno what it holds but this is a significant proportion of it) and from my vantage point I'd estimate between 25% and 30% of the West Middle was not occupied.

As a side thought, if this was ever to happen, maybe the club could integrate the current £12 entry pub with the current 1901 facilities in the East. And then make an upgrade, either daily or by the season available. That was, current 1901 East Standers who don't want to change stand could still experience 1901 facilities and the club could earn a quid or to from those who want to try it ad hoc.

£12 for the 7 stars is a Joke, but maybe £20 (with lower prices for concessions) that included somewhere warm to drink out of a glass at half time might attract a few more?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Putting das' miserabilist nonsense aside, and answering the original question:

Is the Amex too small?

The answer is that no, it isn't. It so easily COULD have been though, had Bloom not had the vision and balls, to build what he did. He could so easily have looked at our gates and recent history, and gone for 18 - 20k. Then we would have a problem now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But if we sold an extra 7000 s/t at £600 thats £4200,000 per season x 20 seasons £840000,000 i'm sure looking silly is a price worth paying?

Ignoring the fact that your final total is £756,000,000 out...

I'm not sure the club would be well advised to make plans based on a 20 year stay in the top division.

Ignoring the fact that your final total is £756,000,000 out...

I'm not sure the club would be well advised to make plans based on a 20 year stay in the top division.

Whoops! That's what comes from getting too optimistic! Slung in an extra zero! But if you take price increases into account it might not be far off! Its gone up from 30p to about £42 since i've been watching!:eek:

Jan 30, 2008
'exactly', except that none of those 25,000 are whining endlessly, on multiple threads, with crappy digs, and acting like they are somehow superior, because THEY, unlike you, understand that sitting by a pond in the cold, waiting to catch a tiny fish that you put back in again, is an utter waste of time and money.
:facepalm:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Putting das' miserabilist nonsense aside, and answering the original question:

Is the Amex too small?

The answer is that no, it isn't. It so easily COULD have been though, had Bloom not had the vision and balls, to build what he did. He could so easily have looked at our gates and recent history, and gone for 18 - 20k. Then we would have a problem now.
22K RING A BELL ???
regards
DR

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They should turn the Amex into an EXTENDER. Make it bigger on special occasions, like when you extend your dining table at Christmas.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The only thing I'd ever want to change about that fantastic stadium is to increase the size of the north stand (adjusting the roof and adding a second tier) to bring total capacity up to around 36,000.

I know it will never happen and realise the infrastructure surrounding the stadium probably wouldn't cope with it either, I'm merely suggesting what my dream Amex stadium would look like.
Two tier home ends are crap. I remember The Holt end years ago and it was amazing. Imagine the Kop as two tiers.... Nah

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here