Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the amex too small?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Humouring the Rev for a minute - the 'magic' of playing the likes of Stoke, Burnley, Sunderland, Boro, Hull, Watford, West Brom, Swansea, Leicester would wear off very quickly if we got there and then managed to stay there for more than a season and we'd be left with more empty seats than there are specks of blood on HB&B's Jason Vorheez Halloween mask.

Spot on. Funny thing is the Rev was at the Goldstone when we had our lowest ever attendance of 9,000 in the top flight for a 0-2 defeat to Notts County in 1982

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They would definitely need to reintroduce the ticket exchange if we went up. It was ridiculous that Saturday was sold out yet there were loads and loads of empty seats.

I don't think anything can really be done with the present structure to squeeze in more seats. Any major architectural changes would cost tens of millions and probably wouldn't be justified for the sake of selling a few thousand more tickets a handful of times a season (assuming that we'd actually stay in the Premier League for any length of time).

IF (massive if!) safe standing was ever allowed and we got the go ahead for 1.5 per seat, that could be the answer but even this would entail major structural changes as they would have to expand the concourse.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I remember the days when we used to predict average crowds at Falmer would be around 15,000.

I'm loving the 1982 comparisons. It's good to see how nothing has changed since then...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They would definitely need to reintroduce the ticket exchange if we went up. It was ridiculous that Saturday was sold out yet there were loads and loads of empty seats.

I don't think anything can really be done with the present structure to squeeze in more seats. Any major architectural changes would cost tens of millions and probably wouldn't be justified for the sake of selling a few thousand more tickets a handful of times a season (assuming that we'd actually stay in the Premier League for any length of time).

IF (massive if!) safe standing was ever allowed and we got the go ahead for 1.5 per seat, that could be the answer but even this would entail major structural changes as they would have to expand the concourse.

Not necessarily sure the ticket exchange would eradicate empty seats. Suspect a lot of people wouldn't bother. Possibly try and see if any friends want to go but then not bother with the hassle.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I remember the days when we used to predict average crowds at Falmer would be around 15,000.

I'm loving the 1982 comparisons. It's good to see how nothing has changed since then...

This. Every time people translate what happened in the 80's and apply it to modern day I die abit inside. If Stoke can maintain 26-27k and WBA 24-25k for a decade of mediocrity then fairly sure we can.

People think we have 'plastics' now, they'll be queuing up in swathes if/when promoted. Average increase of clubs when promoted to 1st division, assuming room, is 5k.

On that basis we got it pretty spot on in terms of capacity, with perhaps room for 2-3k more down the line if/when possible.

Not necessarily sure the ticket exchange would eradicate empty seats. Suspect a lot of people wouldn't bother. Possibly try and see if any friends want to go but then not bother with the hassle.

It's just a case of making it easy. An Albion app could be the answer. Couple of clicks and you made your seat available.

Also I'd scrap 1901 in the east stand. Looks like more than enough space to acccomodate them all in WSM

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the team loses against Bristol City, does all this ridiculous talk of The Premier League go away for a while?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I wonder how many of the disenfranchised old school types who have been very vocal about not going any more would fancy sneaking in to see a PL game, against say a London club for instance, IF we ever get to the PL.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Let's do what Barber would do and flip this problem around and look at it from the other end of the tube.

Is the Amex too small or are the people are too BIG?

Different sized seats depending on people's stature maybe ? Could just work although would it affect pie sales ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's just a case of making it easy. An Albion app could be the answer. Couple of clicks and you made your seat available.

Also I'd scrap 1901 in the east stand. Looks like more than enough space to acccomodate them all in WSM

So you'd swap people that pay a lot of money for a seat in 1901 with those paying considerably less and reduce income for the club?

I really don't understand this obsession some people seem to have with making sure every seat is filled. Yes it would be nice if the ground was rammed but I don't lose any sleep over some empty seats, just so long as the ticket for that seat has been sold.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
In order of importance...lets get there first! If I saw such a post on Sheffield Wed forum I'd consider that's 'Massive' trying to be gigantic. I'd prefer we stayed modestly hopeful, and delayed our order for extra pies until next season. :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only thing I'd ever want to change about that fantastic stadium is to increase the size of the north stand (adjusting the roof and adding a second tier) to bring total capacity up to around 36,000.

I know it will never happen and realise the infrastructure surrounding the stadium probably wouldn't cope with it either, I'm merely suggesting what my dream Amex stadium would look like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here