Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the amex too small?

Jan 30, 2008
There will undoubtedly be increases in some areas - certainly one-off tickets (though there won't be many available). For most the costs will not significantly increase*. Ticket revenue is such a small part of a Prem club's income, that there is simply no need to piss off your fan-base with hikes.

Those that travel away will enjoy the REDUCTION in ticket prices.

*except that 4 less home games = a 'per match' increase
yes , agree with some of your points, not so sure about away games, a reduction in ticket prices but a rise in price in catering and Program sales, as i said some people are border line at the moment that's what will be the deciding factor ........anyway we haven't been promoted
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
SO YOU'RE DENYING THEY'LL BE NO PRICE HIKES ANYWHERE? that was the point i was making, some posters on here have made it quite clear that they're at their limit with CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL PRICING ?
regards
DR

It's touching that you're so concerned about other people's finances. Well done.

Jan 30, 2008
Glad to see you're not naive enough to be taken in by 2nd place in the championship, a goalkeeper who can put 60 yard balls on a sixpence, best defensive pairing in decades, an absolute Albion legend with the captain's armband, incredible selection of central midfielders, probably only matched by our wide player selection, putting 5 past one of the favourites, a manager who is admired by 90% of people in the game.

Glad to see you're not being taken in by any of that rubbish :dunce:
seen a few good ALBION TEAMS OVER THE YEARS, I'M NOT MISSING ANYTHING THANKS:cool:
regards
DR

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told when it first opened that the footings were sufficient for another tier if it was ever required. It would mean a major rebuild job but should we ever get to the stage of needing 45k+ every game then perhaps it can be considered until then it is adequate for what we need.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They would definitely need to reintroduce the ticket exchange if we went up. It was ridiculous that Saturday was sold out yet there were loads and loads of empty seats.

I don't think anything can really be done with the present structure to squeeze in more seats. Any major architectural changes would cost tens of millions and probably wouldn't be justified for the sake of selling a few thousand more tickets a handful of times a season (assuming that we'd actually stay in the Premier League for any length of time).

IF (massive if!) safe standing was ever allowed and we got the go ahead for 1.5 per seat, that could be the answer but even this would entail major structural changes as they would have to expand the concourse.

I imagine the club will contract someone like Stubhub

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was told when it first opened that the footings were sufficient for another tier if it was ever required. It would mean a major rebuild job but should we ever get to the stage of needing 45k+ every game then perhaps it can be considered until then it is adequate for what we need.

That was the East stand, which it now has. The roof holds up the arches and the arches hold up the roof.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was told when it first opened that the footings were sufficient for another tier if it was ever required.

The reason the footings are so DEEP is because that's where the FA Cup Final loot is buried... :wink:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
All very well at the moment but we're gonna look silly if (God forbid) 20 years from now we tumble back through the leagues. It can and does happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
not for me mate , I'LL WATCH IT DOWN THE PUB :D
regards
DR

The irony of hating all that there is about modern football whilst watching it via the corporation that changed modern football. Pubs pay thousands of pounds to show Sky Sports, for punters like you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You really are, though.

Not that its a problem. If you enjoyed your fishing while 25,000 Albion fans were having an absolute ball on Saturday, then everyone is happy.

exactly :salute:
regards
DR

'exactly', except that none of those 25,000 are whining endlessly, on multiple threads, with crappy digs, and acting like they are somehow superior, because THEY, unlike you, understand that sitting by a pond in the cold, waiting to catch a tiny fish that you put back in again, is an utter waste of time and money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here