Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is NSC a bit tiresome at the moment?

Has NSC got a bit tiresome lately?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That couldn't be further from the truth. Most of the moderating undertaken, both by myself, and the moderating team will be invisible to most people most of the time.

First of all, a decision was taken to put anything vaguely Brexit-y into the one thread to try and prevent the site becoming swamped with numerous very similar polarising discussions.

Secondly, action was regularly taken against users who overstepped the line of decency within that thread. As is always the case, it is only the recipient of the moderating action that knows about it.

Unfortunately, we now seem to have reached a point where those similar discussions have bled into many topics and, combined with everything else that is going on (Covid-19) and isn't going on (football), it can become a bit overwhelming for those that want something a little more light-hearted.

It'll be a shame that the Brexit thread isn't played out to it's conclusion after nearly 5 years of being an integral part of the main board on NSC :wink:, but if it means we don't have 6 or 7 race related fishing threads from the same old posters cluttering up the first page constantly, so be it :rolleyes:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It'll be a shame that the Brexit thread isn't played out to it's conclusion after nearly 5 years of being an integral part of the main board on NSC :wink:, but if it means we don't have 6 or 7 race related fishing threads from the same old posters cluttering up the first page constantly, so be it :rolleyes:
The Brexit Thread could still play out in the new Poison Pit.

It is a prime example of all that is bad on NSC.

There are too many poison superspreaders on it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

You’re actually a wee bit irritated by this [emoji23][emoji23]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The Brexit Thread can still play out in the new Poison Pit.

There really aren't. There are people who don't actually contribute anything to the discussion, but they don't tend to contribute anything useful regardless of thread. But I agree they should all go to the Bear Pit :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I find the constant race fishing threads extremely irritating. It's why I don't contribute :wink:

And now we have another one with the "Black Elvis Matter" shit that is destined to go in the exact same direction.

It's fascinating how many people that have been here for 15+ years that seem keen on making this some kind of brain-drained wannabe-KKK subforum. Sure, that particular thread might just be useless judgement but some are clearly and repeatedly using NSC as a place to ventilate their obsessive and often straight up racist thoughts about race and race relations.

Presumably their friends and families had enough and this is the last remaining place where they can go on and on and on about this shit, unpunished.

I got banned for e-mailing Paul Barber, which - if a bit harsh - I felt "fair enough, because it was stupid". Now this last week however I've seen "Beach Seagull" and some others spreading gigantic amounts of toxicity all over the board, to the extent where any new remotely sensible visitor immediatly must have thought "holy shit what the **** is this".

I appreciate the work the mods are doing around here but I got to admit I've started asking myself "what dirty secrets do this guy know about the NSC crew, making him untouchable?"

Especially the last week it's been eerily similar to the Facebook feed I got when I had a bottle of vodka and befriended 200 far-right idiots just to troll them. Its as if the URL is www.nigelfarage.com/nsc, but with the big difference that there's still some people around here who got the energy to battle it - even if I see less and less activity from the sensible people around here (like the guy starting this thread).

I've seen so many great boards that I thought would last "forever" go down the drain the last ten years, partly because of social media but also partly because of brain-drains like this.

This post is not to be interpreted as "everyone is shit, the mods are not doing their job, jadda jadda" but more of a heads up to crew & posters alike - just because this board is old and seemingly stable doesnt mean it should be taken for granted.

If you want NSC to remain great some people need to stop stirring up shit EVERY SINGLE DAY. If you necessarily need to ventilate your "controversial opinions" on a daily basis in multiple threads over and over, perhaps there's better places to do that if you are keen on the idea of a great, lively and homely BHAFC board where you also can discuss the world & life in a relatively sensible environment.

/rant over

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've sadly reached the end of my attention threshold when it comes to race and COVID now. I'm done. I see it on TV every day, I hear it on every single radio programme every day, I see it on my phone every day, and i see it in the papers every day.

Overload. I'm sick of thinking about it, and I'm sick of talking about it. That's why I've posted very little lately.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Brexit Thread could still play out in the new Poison Pit.

This.

The Brexit thread is very much for the belligerent (on both sides) ilk. No one’s ever budged one jot, insults, arrogance, grandstanding to thumbsup mates, obsessives who think that having the last post makes them ‘the winner‘.

Perfect for The Bear Pit. They can grandstand to a much reduced audience.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And now we have another one with the "Black Elvis Matter" shit that is destined to go in the exact same direction.

It's fascinating how many people that have been here for 15+ years that seem keen on making this some kind of brain-drained wannabe-KKK subforum. Sure, that particular thread might just be useless judgement but some are clearly and repeatedly using NSC as a place to ventilate their obsessive and often straight up racist thoughts about race and race relations.

Presumably their friends and families had enough and this is the last remaining place where they can go on and on and on about this shit, unpunished.

I got banned for e-mailing Paul Barber, which - if a bit harsh - I felt "fair enough, because it was stupid". Now this last week however I've seen "Beach Seagull" and some others spreading gigantic amounts of toxicity all over the board, to the extent where any new remotely sensible visitor immediatly must have thought "holy shit what the **** is this".

I appreciate the work the mods are doing around here but I got to admit I've started asking myself "what dirty secrets do this guy know about the NSC crew, making him untouchable?"

Especially the last week it's been eerily similar to the Facebook feed I got when I had a bottle of vodka and befriended 200 far-right idiots just to troll them. Its as if the URL is www.nigelfarage.com/nsc, but with the big difference that there's still some people around here who got the energy to battle it - even if I see less and less activity from the sensible people around here (like the guy starting this thread).

I've seen so many great boards that I thought would last "forever" go down the drain the last ten years, partly because of social media but also partly because of brain-drains like this.

This post is not to be interpreted as "everyone is shit, the mods are not doing their job, jadda jadda" but more of a heads up to crew & posters alike - just because this board is old and seemingly stable doesnt mean it should be taken for granted.

If you want NSC to remain great some people need to stop stirring up shit EVERY SINGLE DAY. If you necessarily need to ventilate your "controversial opinions" on a daily basis in multiple threads over and over, perhaps there's better places to do that if you are keen on the idea of a great, lively and homely BHAFC board where you also can discuss the world & life in a relatively sensible environment.

/rant over

Looking forward to the Black Jesus thread.......got mini cheddars in as a back up.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It does appear that NSC is currently close to achieving gravitational singularity........but turning on the news or looking at any social media reveals we are not alone.
It is currently bonkers out there.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This.

The Brexit thread is very much for the belligerent (on both sides) ilk. No one’s ever budged one jot, insults, arrogance, grandstanding to thumbsup mates, obsessives who think that having the last post makes them ‘the winner‘.

Perfect for The Bear Pit. They can grandstand to a much reduced audience.

Another problem is that you see all the aggro from the Brexit thread spilling into other threads. That beef gets carried around the board.

People need to learn to let it go and leave it in there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another problem is that you see all the aggro from the Brexit thread spilling into other threads. That beef gets carried around the board.

People need to learn to let it go and leave it in there.

I agree, that’s where much of this stems from. The 2016 referendum result and the conclusive 2019 GE sealing Brexit was always going to leave half the country and NSC looking for retribution by one means or another. It would’ve been exactly the same the other way around.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Creating a sub-forum called the "Bear pit"

Definition - A place where there are a lot of aggressive, argumentative and competitive people

Probably best to call it something else, just encourages users to behave in this manner

I suspect football will start to dominate again shortly on the main board, people have just got bored and a bit fustrated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here