Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is NSC a bit tiresome at the moment?

Has NSC got a bit tiresome lately?

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Excellent.

Be gone toxic threads to the Poison Apothecary forum.

Can we move the Brexit thread there for starters ? There's a handful of superspeaders on that one.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Well... I didnt mean literally.

My point is: sometimes you just need to turn the back on old and new grudges or it just turns into a pointless "My moral is better than yours!", "No my moral is better than yours!" in eternity.

I do appreciate that, as for a grudge, I haven't got a grudge with anyone on here especially [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION], we all have a difference of opinion.

But I'm not keen on being called a **** by [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] but if it makes him feel better no problem, I do accept that what I said may have been out of order but I do not condone breaking the law and mob rule.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You too, buddy, So your happy for a woman police officer to suffer a punctured lung, broken ribs etc, for the cause?
Nope.
Anyone who assaulted Police or threw stuff at horses should be prosecuted.

Pulling down statues illegally will do nothing for black lives.

Nope.
Just needed one Statue thrown in the soup for the domino effect to begin. Nothing else should be vandalised or ripped down by the mob. The point has been made and Colston’s bronze monument shall retire to a museum, graffiti, ropes & all to mark the historic moment. People in power have taken notice and are starting to do the right thing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I do appreciate that, as for a grudge, I haven't got a grudge with anyone on here especially [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION], we all have a difference of opinion.

But I'm not keen on being called a **** by [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] but if it makes him feel better no problem, I do accept that what I said may have been out of order but I do not condone breaking the law and mob rule.

I apologise for calling you that. No excuse really. Emotive times and quick fingers. We’re all actually on the same side on the forum (with the exception of a few visitors from up the road).

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I apologise for calling you that. No excuse really. Emotive times and quick fingers. We’re all actually on the same side on the forum (with the exception of a few visitors from up the road).

Fair enough buddy, I apologise, no excuses, I don't want to fall out with anybody on here. :albion2:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This is as good a place as any to mention I've come to the decision to make a change.

In short, any of the usual topics, and we all know what they are, will be moved away from the Big Board to a dedicated forum that I may well end up calling "The Bear Pit" because, frankly, the definition of Bear Pit seems to fit what happens on these threads:

a place, such as parliament or the stock market ,where there are a lot of aggressive, argumentative and competitive people​

It doesn't mean that these (tiresome to me and, I understand, many others) left v right debates are being censored in any way, but it will mean those debates can happen without boring everyone else to tears.

It also doesn't mean that the gloves are off, and abuse will be tolerated - it will not.

Some may disagree with this change, and that's fine, but it's something I am going to trial. If it works, then we'll keep the change in place. If it doesn't work, then we'll revert back to the current setup and explore other possibilities.

I totally agree, not sure that the animal lovers will endorse ‘The Bear Pit’ [emoji23]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I totally agree, not sure that the animal lovers will endorse ‘The Bear Pit’ [emoji23]

Well the tea totallers won't go near The Beer Pit.
The shy will steer clear of The Bare Pit.
Only vegetarians will touch The Rabe Pit.
The most committed of walkers will ascend The Brae Pit.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
There has to be a lot of underlying anxiety caused by fear of relegation which makes many of us tetchy.
Once we look like surviving the drop, the world (and NSC) will feel like a better place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here