Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is NSC a bit tiresome at the moment?

Has NSC got a bit tiresome lately?

• Total voters

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This is as good a place as any to mention I've come to the decision to make a change.

In short, any of the usual topics, and we all know what they are, will be moved away from the Big Board to a dedicated forum that I may well end up calling "The Bear Pit" because, frankly, the definition of Bear Pit seems to fit what happens on these threads:

a place, such as parliament or the stock market ,where there are a lot of aggressive, argumentative and competitive people​

It doesn't mean that these (tiresome to me and, I understand, many others) left v right debates are being censored in any way, but it will mean those debates can happen without boring everyone else to tears.

It also doesn't mean that the gloves are off, and abuse will be tolerated - it will not.

Some may disagree with this change, and that's fine, but it's something I am going to trial. If it works, then we'll keep the change in place. If it doesn't work, then we'll revert back to the current setup and explore other possibilities.

Good plan. Think NSC has, like many forums, morphed from being a sounding board for a particular interest to a place for a general rant on any topic.

Other forums I have subscribed to also have moved off piste; like NSC possibly because people have too much time on their hands presently, and are becoming stir crazy. There is an addictive side to social media; perhaps some of our more prolific posters would benefit from an NSC free period (I could say get out more but let's keep it polite).

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
This is as good a place as any to mention I've come to the decision to make a change.

In short, any of the usual topics, and we all know what they are, will be moved away from the Big Board to a dedicated forum that I may well end up calling "The Bear Pit" because, frankly, the definition of Bear Pit seems to fit what happens on these threads:

a place, such as parliament or the stock market ,where there are a lot of aggressive, argumentative and competitive people​

It doesn't mean that these (tiresome to me and, I understand, many others) left v right debates are being censored in any way, but it will mean those debates can happen without boring everyone else to tears.

It also doesn't mean that the gloves are off, and abuse will be tolerated - it will not.

Some may disagree with this change, and that's fine, but it's something I am going to trial. If it works, then we'll keep the change in place. If it doesn't work, then we'll revert back to the current setup and explore other possibilities.

Agree Bozza, let's keep the main board for footie related threads

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Good move. When you created the Coronavirus sub forum I found those threads easier to resist than when they appeared on the main board. Frankly, I needed to keep clear for my own well being as the confinement of lockdown and some poor health were difficult enough. Moving the childish political squabbling will be a major improvement to this forum as I won’t visit those threads and can instead just enjoy the football.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes - not going on it much at the moment.

Think it would be good if politics were removed to a separate area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Only took 14 posts for Bozza to get the blame for the ********s on that thread, well done..

Insane, this is the problem people sticking the boot in, read post 18 mate, ffs! No wonder [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has to move threads. :ffsparr:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fair enough, I do appreciate that it's not easy to keep some of it in check and some recent threads have been pretty bad, sign of the times sadly. :(

Yup.

A great example is your post requesting my house be destroyed because I dared call out the Milligan Statue in the docklands (which was removed a few days later). My assumption was that you also wanted myself, partner and two young boys destroyed in the process?

Take a good look in the mirror.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Yup.

A great example is your post requesting my house be destroyed because I dared call out the Milligan Statue in the docklands (which was removed a few days later). My assumption was that you also wanted myself, partner and two young boys destroyed in the process?

You too, buddy, So your happy for a woman police officer to suffer a punctured lung, broken ribs etc, for the cause?

Pulling down statues illegally will do nothing for black lives.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yup.

You too, buddy

Well my dad is stronger than both of yours so I win

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I pity the poor bar steward who moderates that.

Good call.

I'm not to bothered by the slump as such, it's the total predictability of it all, that gets on my tits.

This will come as a surprise to most but I've got a pretty high threshold for tedium - no honest :lol:
Yet even my patience is tested by the Chuckle Brothers 'to me to you' nature of discourse that in bleeds into so many threads.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I expect he is mate, my dad is dead. :shrug:

Well... I didnt mean literally.

My point is: sometimes you just need to turn the back on old and new grudges or it just turns into a pointless "My moral is better than yours!", "No my moral is better than yours!" in eternity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here