Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it wrong for grown men to wear football shirts?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Down to the individual surely? I personally don't but if if others want to it doesn't trouble me. Sames goes for piercings/tatoos/funny hair do's/T shirts with "chavvy" slogans on.

How much money would the club forgo if they didn't sell replica shirts for "grown ups"?

Last edited:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Well I am 42 and wear my shirt with pride. Currently in france wearing one of three shirts taken on holiday. Be Brighton be proud. Oh bad fan as missing tomorrow.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I've been wearing replica shirts to matches since the 70's and don't intend stopping now! To be honest if a 17 year old thinks its cringey that's another reason to do it. What does a 17 year old know! They probably think One Direction are cool FFS.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I am currently wearing the Aberdeen replica shirt from 1983.

Wear what you want, I say.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just had my hols in Buxton - Derbyshire - saw loads of blokes in Stoke-Derby-Sheffield-Nottingham shirts walking around shopping - looked a bit naff but hey, I wear my stripes at matches and I'm 56, each to their own:bhasign:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I dont wear mine, haven't since I was about 14, but then that's just personal choice. My old man wears his and he's going on 50, I never say anything, and if I did he'd tell me to politely do one, as he should. As an above poster said, it's one of those personal choices, some like me would like/or have a tattoo, others like wearing replica shirts, I don't.

Certainly not 'wrong' as you put it. Want to wear one, wear one, don't let someone tell you not too.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Is the op implying that it looks hideous to be seen wearing the clubs colours?

I wear one of mine whenever I feel like it but usually when I'm just chill axing after a bath/shower!

I'm a bit long in the tooth to be worrying about making any kind of fashion statements!

I must admit, when I'm wearing the green and black stripes I do resemble Bertie Bassetts love child.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
love looking round the amex and seeing a sea of the stripes so will continue to where my shirt as i have done since i started going to football in th 70s
ps having spoken to a few of the players about this they all said they love looking into the stands and seeing the colours on display

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here