Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it wrong for grown men to wear football shirts?

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
I used to be an advocate of wearing a Brighton shirt to games, but at the back of my mind, there is just something slightly wrong about grown men doing it.

Is it that small possibility that half the team might be hit with a mystery bug and Gus will need to select someone from the crowd?

Just going to put it out there, but also why on earth would you put your first name or a nick name on it?

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
It's part of the game just like the same grown old men spending sat afternoons shouting from the terraces thinking they're the experts. Wear my colours with pride - as long as we don't change colours for money.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Wrong or right ill always wear my blue and white.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Nothing wrong with it....it's just a shirt. I don't get why so many people complain about them!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Wearing football shirts when you are more than a teenager is very, very, sad.

It is bad enough at matches, but the number of chavs who wear them to the pub, shopping, etc. is disturbing. What is this country coming to?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

It is bad enough at matches, but the number of chavs who wear them to the pub, shopping, etc. is disturbing. What is this country coming to?

Bollocks

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I used to be an advocate of wearing a Brighton shirt to games, but at the back of my mind, there is just something slightly wrong about grown men doing it.

Is it that small possibility that half the team might be hit with a mystery bug and Gus will need to select someone from the crowd?

Just going to put it out there, but also why on earth would you put your first name or a nick name on it?

You could always stay at home wearing your Albion shirt!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If your 20 plus and wear a football shirt as general wear you need to take a long hard look at yourself. If wearing to watch or play football it's okay but otherwise you look like a scruffy chav!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is it wrong for grown men to wear football shirts?

Good way of distinguishing the two teams on the pitch, so no its not wrong

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
There is something wrong with getting a shirt with your nickname on the back at the age of 36. There is also something wrong with seducing a young lady over 12 years younger than you.

Having done both these things in the last month I also have to add there is something about it that feels good.

Window Licker

May 17, 2012
Had this thread a couple of months back. I will wear my replica shirt to every match. It's my choice and I've never been one to care what others think.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It is wrong, but some men just want to watch the world burn. :nono:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
It only really becomes a problem when they wear the same shirt 24 hours a day 365 days a year, as is common in the "toon".

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
OP, 1st ever post, 2nd account? :fishing:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If your 20 plus and wear a football shirt as general wear you need to take a long hard look at yourself. If wearing to watch or play football it's okay but otherwise you look like a scruffy chav!!

I'm 42 and wear an Albion shirt most days and I don't give a flying f*** what you, or anyone else thinks.

D

Deleted member 18477

What do you make of grown men who wear the stripes whilst on holiday out of interest?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here