Is David James No:1

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You think that brez who was signed up by gus is not good enough , who would you replace him with.Get behind our team you cock and support them, or fcuk off

I've supported my team since the late 70's and been to over 70 away grounds you COCK.....and the fact you think Brezovan is good enough to play in the prem proves you have probabley seen about five Albion keepers....Keep your f***ing insults to yourself, or grow up...twat......Suppose you think Noone is class as well??..Have you ever heard of Steve Penney/ Clive Walker??....he is not in there league, although he is playing in the same league they did.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
I've supported my team since the late 70's and been to over 70 away grounds you COCK.....and the fact you think Brezovan is good enough to play in the prem proves you have probabley seen about five Albion keepers....Keep your f***ing insults to yourself, or grow up...twat......Suppose you think Noone is class as well??..Have you ever heard of Steve Penney/ Clive Walker??....he is not in there league, although he is playing in the same league they did.

I've supported the Albion since the early seventies and I think Noone is at least as good as Steve Penney, if not better. Trouble is both have skill issues. Penney could cross but never tried to beat a man. Noone is the reverse. Neither are as good as Fell/Buckley, Towner, O'Sullivan (when playing as a winger), or Paul Brooker. I saw a reserve match once at the Goldstone where Penney and Ian Wright were trialists. Ian Wright was clearly the better player. Why do people keep going on about how good Steve Penney was - he wasn't. Even though I rate Cattlin the best manager we've had since I've been watching the Albion. Not signing Wright was his biggest mistake.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I've supported the Albion since the early seventies and I think Noone is at least as good as Steve Penney, if not better. Trouble is both have skill issues. Penney could cross but never tried to beat a man. Noone is the reverse. Neither are as good as Fell/Buckley, Towner, O'Sullivan (when playing as a winger), or Paul Brooker. I saw a reserve match once at the Goldstone where Penney and Ian Wright were trialists. Ian Wright was clearly the better player. Why do people keep going on about how good Steve Penney was - he wasn't. Even though I rate Cattlin the best manager we've had since I've been watching the Albion. Not signing Wright was his biggest mistake.

But do you think Brez is a prem keeper lol?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Complete wingers are very hard to come by, they're either great at crossing but cant beat the man or the exact opposite. In my opinion the closest we've had to the complete winger was John Robinson. Cant talk for pre 1982 though as I only started watching us then.

On the subject of brez, nice bloke & a half decent keeper but Premiership? Not in a million years!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

While i bow down to your greater knowledge with you as probably someone who saw Penney week in week out, I am very surprised at that. From the full match footage of the game, Steve Penney had no problems taking on and beating Liverpool players in the FA Cup match in 1984. And also here against Watford...

[yt]4rT0FDrZAs0[/yt]
Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rT0FDrZAs0

Did the jinking runs and taking players on become a lesser part of his game in later years?

I would like to invite him back to the AMEX again if he is playing for the opposition and helps us in the way he helped Watford last night - and we thought Brezovan's punching wasn't up to much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports