Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is David James No:1

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
So is David James the first player to play at both the Goldstone (Watford) and the Amex ?

Think he might be also pritty sure he played at Withers so did he play at Gillingham making him the first and maybe only to play at our last 4 homes ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought it was 3 out of the 4, he did not play against us at Gillingham

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Had this conversation at the match - we couldnt come up with any other players but I am sure there must be a few?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you count Dean Saunders who played at The Goldstone and managed at The Amex so may have kicked a ball on The Amex pitch. Did Steve Harper ever play at The Goldstone?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Played for WHU at Priestfield on 20/9/03.

Don't think he ever played at our first ground though!!!!

He might have done because he was in goal when we beat Watford 1-0 away thanks to Garry Nelson's winner at Vicarage Road in 90/91 season

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
On the subject of James, i'd be tempted to put in a cheeky bid for him. Yes I know he is 40 odd but two years ago he was at a world cup. If your still fit enough and want to play, I don't see his age as an issue. He can't be happy playing for that shower of shit and has played for a few London clubs, so location you would not think would be much of an issue. I remember when we got Beasant at 40 odd and he was still class....Wages might be an issue, but then if Bristol City can afford him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
On the subject of James, i'd be tempted to put in a cheeky bid for him. Yes I know he is 40 odd but two years ago he was at a world cup. If your still fit enough and want to play, I don't see his age as an issue. He can't be happy playing for that shower of shit and has played for a few London clubs, so location you would not think would be much of an issue. I remember when we got Beasant at 40 odd and he was still class....Wages might be an issue, but then if Bristol City can afford him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would he be mentally strong enough to withstand the crowd getting on his back?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt it said that he only signed for Bristol City because he lived in Devon from his days with Portsmouth and didnt want to move. The travelling to us for training may be a little difficult.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

I think part of the reason he ended up at Bristol City was down to its location. I think he likes the south west and is why he didn't move to a 'higher profile' club. I might be wrong.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
He played at the goldstone for watford.if I remember rightly I think we won 3.0 must have been 1991 shortly after we played Liverpool in the f.a cup.I know robert codner scored 1 of the goals.

RaphaelMeade

Aug 30, 2011
Louis Carey has now played at the Goldstone, Withdean & Amex. Not sure about Priestfield, possibly?? any geeks out there?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
would absolutely love to have him here, he'd fit in great and suit us far better than B.City (could see his frustration a few times yesterday, when his defenders clearly didn't have a clue as he tried to organise them) but didn't he go there to be near his kids? ??? :albion2:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think part of the reason he ended up at Bristol City was down to its location. I think he likes the south west and is why he didn't move to a 'higher profile' club. I might be wrong.

No I think your right. But if he still wants to play on(and there is no reason he cant) surely he cant stay there, if he retains any ambition in the game to be part of a team that might just challenge for something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here