Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is David James No:1

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
On the subject of James, i'd be tempted to put in a cheeky bid for him. Yes I know he is 40 odd but two years ago he was at a world cup. If your still fit enough and want to play, I don't see his age as an issue. He can't be happy playing for that shower of shit and has played for a few London clubs, so location you would not think would be much of an issue. I remember when we got Beasant at 40 odd and he was still class....Wages might be an issue, but then if Bristol City can afford him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brezovan will only get better, we should give him the chance and spend the money elsewhere

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Brezovan will only get better, we should give him the chance and spend the money elsewhere

Brezovan is 32 years old, i'm sorry but he is not going to get any better. True his last couple of performances have been adequate and he deserves his place in side on merit atm. I worry that he is always due a clanger and I don't think he is a big game performer. In the more high pressure matches I would still rather have Ankergren in goal but in an ideal world a new keeper must be high on the agenda.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Brezovan is 32 years old, i'm sorry but he is not going to get any better. True his last couple of performances have been adequate and he deserves his place in side on merit atm. I worry that he is always due a clanger and I don't think he is a big game performer. In the more high pressure matches I would still rather have Ankergren in goal but in an ideal world a new keeper must be high on the agenda.

32 is quite young for keepers nowadays , with the money we have available according to Gus, who could we afford that would be better

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
32 is quite young for keepers nowadays , with the money we have available according to Gus, who could we afford that would be better

I don't believe Poyet for one second about our funds. Of course we cant afford Tevez or Lampard lol....but I think the funds are there if the right options become available. Only a fool would spout off about how much dough they had to spend, half way through a transfer window when agents are playing clubs off against each other, to get the best deal for their player. Or clubs to get the best price.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
David James DEFINTELY played at the Goldstone in a League game for Watford. At the time he was hotly tipped, but didn't play that well on the day. I remember him looking very tall, and like a male model. Our discussion at the time was about whether the attention was because of the looks and presence in goal, because he didn't look that good.

To be fair, he made a fantastic save on Saturday though, didn't do badly in his career despite the odd howler.

He must surely be the first to play at the Goldstone and the Amex. Shame our own Ginger prince just didn't have the staying power to make it!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I don't believe Poyet for one second about our funds. Of course we cant afford Tevez or Lampard lol....but I think the funds are there if the right options become available. Only a fool would spout off about how much dough they had to spend, half way through a transfer window when agents are playing clubs off against each other, to get the best deal for their player. Or clubs to get the best price.

Brezovan will play in the premiership either with us or another club,i hope he does not go to Norwich for peanuts like Bennett and crofts

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Got a lot of time for our keepers but James is in a completely different league and would also suit us down to the ground. As previously mentioned and sadly for us, he's at BC for family reasons :( :albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is Steve Harpers record frpom Wikipedia could he have played against us on loan at The Goldstone:

1993– Newcastle United 151 (0)
1995 → Bradford City (loan) 1 (0)
1996 → Gateshead (loan) 12 (0)
1997 → Stockport County (loan) 0 (0)
1997 → Hartlepool United (loan) 15 (0)
1997–1998 → Huddersfield Town (loan) 24 (0)

2011 → Brighton & Hove Albion (loan) 5 (0)

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
didnt lampard play at the goldstone for swansea? i could be wrong, i know he didnt at pissfield or withers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You think that brez who was signed up by gus is not good enough , who would you replace him with

Kuszsacz of United or Brad Jones released by Liverpool if you wanta young No 1 for next season or Hilatio or Gomez on loan if it is just for this season as neither figure for their clubs at the moment and are currently no 3 choice.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What about Griffin Park? That was another home ground of ours, wasn't it?

Twas indeed. We "reversed" a JPT game at Brentford due to waterlogging at Withers so it was switched to Griffin park but we were the "home" side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here