Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here - looking forward to Saturday

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Both of us off to a decent start for once.

Much changed from last season?

Thought you were useful when I went to yours towards back end of last season - seemed to be a bit of negativity around the place but you fully deserved the win that night.

We have not changed that much to be honest, score twice and you will take home 3 points:albion2:unless of course you are stupid enough to give us a penalty

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Sounds like we bought out V1 and V2 ... not sure how many that is...

Probably about 1,700 I think - that's what Sheffield Wednesday had.

I'll put up a preview on here later - there is an Ipswich fan who does a good one for every game.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Probably about 1,700 I think - that's what Sheffield Wednesday had.

I'll put up a preview on here later - there is an Ipswich fan who does a good one for every game.

Good to hear that we can match the support of Wednesday :lolol:

Is the ban on children in the lower tier enforced?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sold out supposedly so it depends on how many tickets you allocate to away teams
There seem to be tickets still available. If Ipswich brought only 1,300 or so to us in the same circumstances I would be extremely unimpressed.

Edit: on second thoughts, if allocation is 1,700 and we get near selling out then that isn't so bad...

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
right..off now...enjoy your trip up and back from Portman Road tomorrow....will be back on this forum win, lose or draw to discuss

weather looks cracking so a couple of pubs down by the docks could be a good shout (Isaacs, The Lord Nelson) - come out of the station, ignore the Station Hotel, go right and keep going for about 5 minutes (cross over bridge and docks over on your right)

we have a few injuries tomorrow so won't be a full strength but shoud be an intriguing clash as we both have wily managers who know how to influence a game

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Yet another draw tonight, meaning one English point that would otherwise have gone to a team that is not Brighton has disappeared into a black hole. As I said before, Bournemouth didn't do draws last season! Someone tried to tell me that Bournemouth drew 12 league games last season. I did not check, I just assumed he was on drugs or something.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Our recent record at Portman is appalling. Hoping we can finally address this but rather expecting the inevitable defeat. Probably by a single goal, given both teams starts to the season.

Oh me of little faith.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAGUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSS :albion2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can we keep this Ipswich fan? He appears to be a decent bloke and he came back after we beat them. That is quite rare

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
More like it, I remember the Ipswich promotion game when we lost 3-1 and I can't remember any trouble at all.

There was one nasty isolated incident near the pub at the station. I don't know of anything aside of that.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
You can hope but I think this will be the week we can say the seagull has landed and when the chickens came home to roost, the crows got stoned and our goose gets cooked. We'll be on 10 points after 5 games, the same as Millwall last season. i doubt if we'll go down but we've had more luck in those 5 games than we had all of last season.

I also think that over this bank holiday weekend I'll chat up a hot woman and she'll tell me to sling my hook.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here