Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here - looking forward to Saturday

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Ta!

I've an awful lot of time for Mick McCarthy. Credit to the game. Less so for Ryan Fraser, who, whilst having plenty of ability, is an obnoxious little cheat.

He is a good lad Mick.

As for Fraser, been outstanding for us this season, no sign of any Bournemouthesque diving from him yet, if he did I think Mick would hammer that out of him.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Brighton spoiled the Ipswich promotion party in the 90's (or was it late 80's). The year everyone dressed as Elvis. They were getting promoted and surprise surprise Brighton were getting relegated. It was the days when home fans went on the pitch to celebrate promotion. Brighton however got on the pitch as well. Brighton also have that reputation with supporters of lots of clubs and have since I have followed them, Brighton always had a sizeable element, especially at various games away from home. I think it's because Brighton have a large support but have normally been trawling around the lower leagues and have often been at smaller grounds. Leaving aside Palace and Pompey, I know that Brighton have the same reputation with many London clubs, Oxford, Chesterfield, Bristol clubs, Cardiff, Southend, Bournemouth and Leeds.

I was at that game. Can;t remember any trouble at all and Ipswich had a brilliant promotion party. Remember you bringing loads.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Brighton spoiled the Ipswich promotion party in the 90's (or was it late 80's). The year everyone dressed as Elvis. They were getting promoted and surprise surprise Brighton were getting relegated. It was the days when home fans went on the pitch to celebrate promotion. Brighton however got on the pitch as well. Brighton also have that reputation with supporters of lots of clubs and have since I have followed them, Brighton always had a sizeable element, especially at various games away from home. I think it's because Brighton have a large support but have normally been trawling around the lower leagues and have often been at smaller grounds. Leaving aside Palace and Pompey, I know that Brighton have the same reputation with many London clubs, Oxford, Chesterfield, Bristol clubs, Cardiff, Southend, Bournemouth and Leeds.

I was talking about the late 70's early 80's. Always remember a Suffolk copper who I knew telling me that Brighton were always trouble.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was talking about the late 70's early 80's. Always remember a Suffolk copper who I knew telling me that Brighton were always trouble.
More like it, I remember the Ipswich promotion game when we lost 3-1 and I can't remember any trouble at all.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015

Fair enough. Before my time. Never had a spot of bother with Brighton as far as I can see since late 80s - always had a good drink home and away.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Fair enough. Before my time. Never had a spot of bother with Brighton as far as I can see since late 80s - always had a good drink home and away.
And that's how it should be. Think previous posters reliving the 70's when our lot did cause a bit of trouble away and I think a woolsworth in Ipswich and some trouble with TVs and other audio equipment was involved. Definitely not recently.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
remember them beating Barcelona 5-0 around that time

my one & only visit to Portman Road was about 35 years ago!

Gary Stevens last minute equaliser

good turn out that day,remember some Norwich bloke starting off the songs,but got sussed and was promptly offered out

anyone up there for the 0-0 draw in the league cup?

the replay at the Goldstone was one of the best nights I experienced

we beat a very good Ipswich side that night

My memory of that match was a stunning save by Grummitt, Kevin Beattie caught a volley from about six yards out and Grummitt somehow palmed it away. The Derby game was also a cracker, remember serenading Charlie George from the North Stand.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Glad those days are over. Saw some great matches in the Bobby Robson era.

Yeh times have changed and all that but it's quite funny hearing all the stories from back then to be honest. Amazed at some of the things some Ipswich fans of that era got up to when I always assumed we had no reputation at all.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is that Bozza?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here