Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here - looking forward to Saturday

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Obviously.

I wasn't hand wringing, what is wrong with you? I said 'I think the start has flattered us a bit, and I'm not confident about Saturday' and you don't think that's a reasonable comment. It seems you want to argue when there really isn't anything to argue about.

Er this is what you actually said " Unfortunately we might find out that we're not actually very good."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Er this is what you actually said " Unfortunately we might find out that we're not actually very good."
Er, no, that's one of the things I said (you then continued to argue with the other things I said). That's not hand wringing, and it's not suggesting the game will define our season if we lose, as I've already explained. It's not moaning about the club or anything else you've accused me of.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Er, no, that's one of the things I said (you then continued to argue with the other things I said). That's not hand wringing, and it's not suggesting the game will define our season if we lose, as I've already explained. It's not moaning about the club or anything else you've accused me of.
To be fair, we are unlikely to find out whether or not we are not very good from one away game, so I agree with him there. However, how he arrives at the conclusion you are hand wringing and the rest of his nonsense from that one post is quite beyond me.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ipswich won the UEFA Cup beating AZ over two legs.

1980–81

Ipswich Town 3–0 AZ Portman Road, Ipswich 27,532

Ipswich Town 2–4 AZ Olympisch Stadion, Amsterdam 28,500

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair, we are unlikely to find out whether or not we are not very good from one away game, so I agree with him there.
Yeah, it was just an unqualified throw away NSC comment.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Ipswich won the UEFA Cup beating AZ over two legs.

1980–81

Ipswich Town 3–0 AZ Portman Road, Ipswich 27,532

Ipswich Town 2–4 AZ Olympisch Stadion, Amsterdam 28,500

remember them beating Barcelona 5-0 around that time

my one & only visit to Portman Road was about 35 years ago!

Gary Stevens last minute equaliser

good turn out that day,remember some Norwich bloke starting off the songs,but got sussed and was promptly offered out

anyone up there for the 0-0 draw in the league cup?

the replay at the Goldstone was one of the best nights I experienced

we beat a very good Ipswich side that night

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
anyone up there for the 0-0 draw in the league cup?

:bigwave:

As we superannuated relics always have to point out ... Beating them in the replay and running Derby close the following round was about the same as matching full strength L'pool/Arsenal would be these days.

Imagine taking 8,000 to a league cup match in the midlands these days?

My knees weren't dodgy then either.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Same here, his post-match comments in defeat last season were very gracious. Let's hope we hear more of the same on Saturday

You can hope but I think this will be the week we can say the seagull has landed and when the chickens came home to roost, the crows got stoned and our goose gets cooked. We'll be on 10 points after 5 games, the same as Millwall last season. i doubt if we'll go down but we've had more luck in those 5 games than we had all of last season.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
You're kidding aren't you? Last time I went up there (season before last), every pub in the town centre was designated home fans only. The only pub which would let us in was that crap one by the station. We were stunned: it's not as though there was any reason to fear trouble. Very bizarre.

Used to live in Suffolk and Brighton always had a bad image as far as supporters behaviour went. Nothing like Norwich of course. Seem to recall there was one bad flare up at a Town Centre pub that created the negative view.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can hope but I think this will be the week we can say the seagull has landed and when the chickens came home to roost, the crows got stoned and our goose gets cooked. We'll be on 10 points after 5 games, the same as Millwall last season. i doubt if we'll go down but we've had more luck in those 5 games than we had all of last season.

So I'm guessing you definitely think we'll finish in the bottom half of the table?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Impossible to call this game now (or tonight's for that matter). We have no idea how the players are going to react to this week's tragedy on their doorstep. The training ground has been full of emergency services personel, arriving back after shifts at the crash site, in various states of distress. The players are human. If they are not entirely focused right now, I hope people cut them some slack.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Impossible to call this game now (or tonight's for that matter). We have no idea how the players are going to react to this week's tragedy on their doorstep. The training ground has been full of emergency services personel, arriving back after shifts at the crash site, in various states of distress. The players are human. If they are not entirely focused right now, I hope people cut them some slack.
Being away in the next 2 games, meaning less disruption to the routine, surely helps a little, if anything can.

Feb 14, 2010
Used to live in Suffolk and Brighton always had a bad image as far as supporters behaviour went. Nothing like Norwich of course. Seem to recall there was one bad flare up at a Town Centre pub that created the negative view.

Brighton spoiled the Ipswich promotion party in the 90's (or was it late 80's). The year everyone dressed as Elvis. They were getting promoted and surprise surprise Brighton were getting relegated. It was the days when home fans went on the pitch to celebrate promotion. Brighton however got on the pitch as well. Brighton also have that reputation with supporters of lots of clubs and have since I have followed them, Brighton always had a sizeable element, especially at various games away from home. I think it's because Brighton have a large support but have normally been trawling around the lower leagues and have often been at smaller grounds. Leaving aside Palace and Pompey, I know that Brighton have the same reputation with many London clubs, Oxford, Chesterfield, Bristol clubs, Cardiff, Southend, Bournemouth and Leeds.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Brighton spoiled the Ipswich promotion party in the 90's (or was it late 80's). The year everyone dressed as Elvis. They were getting promoted and surprise surprise Brighton were getting relegated. It was the days when home fans went on the pitch to celebrate promotion. Brighton however got on the pitch as well. Brighton also have that reputation with supporters of lots of clubs and have since I have followed them, Brighton always had a sizeable element, especially at various games away from home. I think it's because Brighton have a large support but have normally been trawling around the lower leagues and have often been at smaller grounds. Leaving aside Palace and Pompey, I know that Brighton have the same reputation with many London clubs, Oxford, Chesterfield, Bristol clubs, Cardiff, Southend, Bournemouth and Leeds.

after events this weekend......it's only a game of football ffs !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here