Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

Jimmy Grimble

Quite interesting..

Shows our comparative luck over the two seasons. Last year it felt like none of our major players missed much due to injury.

The only injury I can remember being properly gutted about was Ferguson missing the FA Cup semi final. Other than that maybe the spell where Veltman and Lamptey were both injured so Caicedo or Gross played right back, but even that didn’t massively hinder us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shows our comparative luck over the two seasons. Last year it felt like none of our major players missed much due to injury.

The only injury I can remember being properly gutted about was Ferguson missing the FA Cup semi final. Other than that maybe the spell where Veltman and Lamptey were both injured so Caicedo or Gross played right back, but even that didn’t massively hinder us.
Webster missed a big chunk, at a time when he was unquestionably first choice. Welbeck missed a good spell, too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So latest

Latest Injuries Update - post pre Brentford press conference.

Long termers >>

March (knee) - "hopeful" before end of season
Hinshelwood (Foot) -out for the season - RDZ: "“We don't want to take any risk with him, we will see him in the new season. I hope he returns with the same quality... it's bad luck."
Mitoma (back) - out for season.
Milner ? ???

Back soon >>

Pedro - training, played with u21s in friendly on Saturday, will feature v Brentford (A)
Enciso -back training / os above - will feature v Brentford (A)
via https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/...ive-updates-latest/I0ZnjZijWqcP/hNKo4rO8Z0iB/
Gilmour - Knee in brace at Anfield - RDZ said "lot of games" "insider" says to (Scottish) Daily Record - "3 - 4 games" so presumably May ?

Jimmy Grimble

Webster missed a big chunk, at a time when he was unquestionably first choice. Welbeck missed a good spell, too.
Well remembered, I completely forgot about Webster.

Still don’t think they’d be classed as major players in the way that Pedro, Mitoma and March are, i.e essentially irreplaceable in the squad.

Probably at the same level of the Enciso injury. Bloody annoying injuries but there was/is someone who can offer something close-ish. i.e Buononate/Fati for Enciso , Colwill for Webster and Undav/Ferguson (of last year!) for Welbeck.

Jimmy Grimble

So latest

Latest Injuries Update - post pre Brentford press conference.

Long termers >>

March (knee) - "hopeful" before end of season
Hinshelwood (Foot) -out for the season - RDZ: "“We don't want to take any risk with him, we will see him in the new season. I hope he returns with the same quality... it's bad luck."
Milner ? ???

Back soon >>

Pedro - training, played with u21s in friendly on Saturday, will feature v Brentford (A)
Enciso -back training / os above - will feature v Brentford (A)
via https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/...ive-updates-latest/I0ZnjZijWqcP/hNKo4rO8Z0iB/
Gilmour - Knee in brace at Anfield - RDZ said "lot of games" "insider" says to (Scottish) Daily Record - "3 - 4 games" so presumably May ?
Does no one ask about Milner?!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Arsenal Team News:

- Verbruggen in goal
- Fati and Barco back in squad after being left at home for Brentford to work on their "physical condition" !!
- Ferguson, Gilmour and Webster still not available.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So latest on injuries

Long termers >>

March
(knee) - "hopeful" before end of season
Milner ? ???

Back soon >>

Gilmour
- Knee in brace at Anfield - RDZ said "lot of games" "insider" says to (Scottish) Daily Record - "3 - 4 games" so presumably May ?
Ferguson - knock on ankle - back for Burnley (A) ?
Webster ??

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Likely squad

Verbruggen/Steele
Lamptey, Dunk, JPVH, Offiah, Igor, Veltman
Estupinan, Barco
Gross, Baleba, Lallana, Moder
Adingra, Ansu Fati, Buonanotte, Enciso
Welbeck, Pedro

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ferguson and Webster - are seemingly training as normal in the latest Inside training clip - despite RDZ saying not available for Arsenal

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ferguson and Webster - are seemingly training as normal in the latest Inside training clip - despite RDZ saying not available for Arsenal

Indeed, but that footage looked to me like the warm-up exercises rather than proper "training" (not that I would claim to have any firm idea of what "training" looks like).

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Undav isn't injured. He could have done a job & scored some goals this season

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Well bugger me. Have we actually taken a valued employee from another EPL club? A big 6 one at that! Surely not!! I suppose that's Chelsea's 25/26 season physical performance coach sorted...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here