Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
What are you saying Sala would sit out half the season because he’s not up to speed on his tactics? If he went to Liverpool.

Well no, I never mentioned anything about Liverpool or Salah.

How many players though, have we bought that came in and went straight into the team? How many were successful? It’s going to vary depending on how experienced they are and how quickly they learn it but there has really not been many.

You also talk like that’s impossible but Man City do it a lot. They bring players in and you hardly see them play for a season I.e Grealish, Foden, Phillips, Stones when he came in. He works on them for a long time before they go into the team. It’s hardly unheard of.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well no, I never mentioned anything about Liverpool or Salah.

How many players though, have we bought that came in and went straight into the team? How many were successful? It’s going to vary depending on how experienced they are and how quickly they learn it but there has really not been many.
Estupinan and Mitoma seemed to pick it up pretty quickly. Pedro didn't take long either.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Bloody hell, MORE injuries!

This season has been ridiculous. This many injuries in pretty much any other season in our history would have seen us relegated. It's unreal.
This is why we should of got a couple of players during the transfer window ,
they were so optimistic about all injured players returning in February
we were always going To pick up more injuries and the returning players were never going to come back and hit the ground running

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is why we should of got a couple of players during the transfer window ,
they were so optimistic about all injured players returning in February
we were always going To pick up more injuries and the returning players were never going to come back and hit the ground running
Really should of got KDH over the line his manager and ours both talking like it was going to happen until Leicester actually wanted money and then it collapsed rather swiftly 🤣

Jimmy Grimble

Sigh.

I hope there’s a review into what’s gone on with our injuries this year. Probably an element of bad luck but worth looking into given how many appear to have happened in training.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sigh.

I hope there’s a review into what’s gone on with our injuries this year. Probably an element of bad luck but worth looking into given how many appear to have happened in training.
The injuries conversation has been done to death on the Injuries thread, but it bears repeating that Premier League injuries collectively are at a record high.

As shown on the above link, Luton are currently on 13, Newcastle and Chelsea on 11, Sheffield United, Liverpool and Manchester United on 9.

And so on. We are currently on 7:

March, Mitoma, Hinshelwood, Pedro, Milner, Gilmour, Enciso.

The point I’m making is that injury frequency and recovery times are up across the board

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I doubt other clubs have had as many pretty long term injuries to their best players as we have, shit happens I guess :down:

We don’t do short term injuries it seems

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I doubt other clubs have had as many pretty long term injuries to their best players as we have, shit happens I guess :down:

We don’t do short term injuries it seems
Newcastle , already with a long list of injuries , have had 2 ACLs just in the last week ! (for Botman and Lascalles)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Latest Injuries Update

Long termers >>

March (knee) - "hopeful" before end of season
Hinshelwood (Foot) - see above
Mitoma (back) - out for season. or see above.
Milner ?? - no sign of him training yet.

Back soon >>

Pedro - training, "involved" v Brentford (A) ?
Gilmour - Knee in brace at Anfield - RDZ said "lot of games" "insider" says to (Scottish) Daily Record - "3 - 4 games" so presumably May ?
Enciso (muscle) - was reported as 2-3 games so - Burnley (A) ?

Next update - brace yourselves, press conference for Brentford (A) - lunchtime today at 1.30pm (Tuesday)

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
- Pedro back and will play (some of) v Brentford - tried out in u21 friendly on Saturday,
- Enciso ok and back in squad
- RDZ also confirmed that Hinshelwood is definitely out for the season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here