Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

Whoops! Here's the flyer mentioned above.

Flyer.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Bit harsh! Arguably fore-runners of the sound of REM, For Ahainst and others . . .

Anyway, perhaps this may better appeal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j0VyANYPlo

Don't worry, it's sort of a running joke. Got nothing against REM really, but they're no Groove Farm.

I was thinking about the Nightingales a couple of days ago, actually. If Josef K are the shambling element's Orange Juice, are the Nightingales The Pastels?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't worry, it's sort of a running joke. Got nothing against REM really, but they're no Groove Farm.

I was thinking about the Nightingales a couple of days ago, actually. If Josef K are the shambling element's Orange Juice, are the Nightingales The Pastels?

REM were quite fun way back. Played a copule of times in Vancouver when I lived there - but I didn't go.

I see the similarity between Josef K and Orange juice - but I prefer the former. I'll pass on the Pastels as I've not heard of them. With my current cough I think I could do with some, so I'll look them up. :)

Flex Your Head

Ahhh, those were the days...

Some great stuff there, and 7 nights a week.

Did you frequent Adam & Eves at all? Someone posted these on a Facebook group recently; lotsa punk - some decent, some crap - and a sprinkling of indie with The Brilliant Corners, Primitives, Bogshed, Happy Mondays, The Shrubs and so on. Oh yeah, dreary old 999 too.

A and E3.jpg

A and E2.jpgA and E.jpg

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Some great stuff there, and 7 nights a week.

Did you frequent Adam & Eves at all? Someone posted these on a Facebook group recently; lotsa punk - some decent, some crap - and a sprinkling of indie with The Brilliant Corners, Primitives, Bogshed, Happy Mondays, The Shrubs and so on. Oh yeah, dreary old 999 too.

Adam & Eves was late 80s before I moved to Leeds. I lived in York at the time, and we did come down to Leeds for a few gigs. I think that I saw Loop at Adam & Eve's, and also Sonic Youth at a gig around the time of EVOL.This latter might have been A&Es, it was certainly at a venue that was far too small for the stature of band that Sonic Youth had suddenly become.

There's a fair sprinkling of anarcho punk on them flyers. I used to like Blythe Power a lot.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Let's Active always seemed to be one of those Americans bands who all the critics loved, but left me (for the main) cold. See also Green on Red, The Rain Parade, The Long Ryders etc.

I liked the Rain Parade. Well their first ep at least. Looking for Lewis and Clarke by the Long Ryders has fond memories for me of a, er, romantic nature.

I used to buy Bucketful of Brains occasionally and be seduced into unwise purchases of shit American records.

Flex Your Head

F***ing Chelsea. They played every week 999 weren't.

Arf! They're playing down Brighton way again in the next few weeks too. Should've called it a day about 38 years ago.

The Adam & Eve flyers do have some good stuff on there - mainly the anarcho groups and hardcore bands like The Stupids and Ripcord. Bands like GBH and Broken Bones just plodded along boring the shit out of me and attracting idiot followers in a seemingly effortless manner.

Flex Your Head

I liked the Rain Parade. Well their first ep at least. Looking for Lewis and Clarke by the Long Ryders has fond memories for me of a, er, romantic nature.

I used to buy Bucketful of Brains occasionally and be seduced into unwise purchases of shit American records.

I just played Looking for Lewis and Clarke via YouTube funnily enough. The manager of the branch of Virgin I worked in was a big fan of the 'Paisley Underground' and was an avid reader of Bucketful of Brains too. I used to sneer at him from over the top of my MaximumRocknRoll.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
The third great Leeds venue was the Warehouse. I saw lots of great gigs there too. My Bloody Valentine, Bogshed, the Primitives, er the Sperm Wails...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here