Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I was at that but remember finding both bands a wee bit insipid. Did Pop Will Eat Itself play that night too, or was that another Mighty Lemon Drops gig? Hmmm...

I keep thinking of / finding stuff to post on here, but never seem to have enough time. But for now, this is all kinds of ace.

https://thenymphets.bandcamp.com/

A Bartlebees cover thrown in too - what more do you want?

Quite possible that Pop Will Eat itself were there too. My memory is never the best but lots of concerts around that time where you would get three bands playing for a ridiculously cheap price. A great time to be a student in Brighton.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I like that but for some reason was surprised to see they are from the USA. Dunno why, but it sounded... European. :shrug:

They do look like they should be Belgian don't they?

But surely "this is a love song for a girl who'll never know it's about her" has to be an ultimate indiepop line?

Flex Your Head

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Every time I see this screenshot I can't help but think it looks like the detestable Katie Hopkins - on the fiddle, if you will.

Don't know if anybody else has read the David Nichols book on the GoBetweens, but Amanda comes across in it as quite a nasty piece of work...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here