Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Flex Your Head

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think Zipper have ever released a song which is anything less than an utter joy. All three releases on this page are ace:

http://grupozipper.bandcamp.com/album/the-worst-day-of-the-week

What about this:

Liz on Facebook: "I broke pop music again. Always thought this was too happy sounding compared to the lyrics so we put it in a minor key and made it really sad."

Bit of a departure. She can do little wrong.

Bar 'hoping and praying'. We always skip that in the car. The HANDCLAPS are annoying!

Flex Your Head

But while you're here, I found an old Prolapse compilation which I made for myself a few years ago today. It's singles and b sides and stuff. It's very good. Do you want a copy?

Hey, this arrived yesterday, so thanks very much. I've not played it yet, but am looking forward to giving it a spin, especially after the two vids you posted up here last month.

Incidentally, I'm always slow to get up to speed with new (to me) stuff, but that Hydroplane album from the Cat's Miaow CD you sent is really bloody lovely; I've been listening to it a lot lately, so thanks.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Bang up to date, sort of: Rob "14 Iced Bears" Sekula recorded this earlier today, in the park, in the sunshine. Lovely version of 'Cut' from the first 7" EP.

This made me get out of bed and go and find my Inside 7", in a candy-striped paper bag. I feel a bit old now - 29 years old, that 7". When it came out, it was closer in time to Buddy Holly than it is to today...

Flex Your Head

This made me get out of bed and go and find my Inside 7", in a candy-striped paper bag. I feel a bit old now - 29 years old, that 7". When it came out, it was closer in time to Buddy Holly than it is to today...

The first records I bought with my own pocket / dinner / birthday money are now 37 years old *sigh*

We should have an indie 'tenuous claims to fame' thread; my copy of 'Inside' was given to me by the band when I worked in Virgin Brighton for "raving about us to everyone".

Flex Your Head

Oh yeah, 27 free songs from Odd Box in advance of the 5th (and allegedly final) Weekender which starts on Friday. There are soooo many great tracks on here...

https://oddboxrecords.bandcamp.com/album/odd-box-weekender-v

OBV.jpg

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Hey, this arrived yesterday, so thanks very much. I've not played it yet, but am looking forward to giving it a spin, especially after the two vids you posted up here last month.

Incidentally, I'm always slow to get up to speed with new (to me) stuff, but that Hydroplane album from the Cat's Miaow CD you sent is really bloody lovely; I've been listening to it a lot lately, so thanks.

It is, isn't it? I've got their (only slightly less successful) second album somewhere- I'll see if I can dig it out.

Prolapse have just opened a Bandcamp page to coincide with their reunion tour, so you can listen to their two least good albums here should you wish to: http://prolapse2.bandcamp.com/. Flex off of Backsaturday's a hell of a song...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yep! A Friday night match would not be good. Have to say- I think The June Brides would on this rare occasion get my vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here