Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Evening all.... just thought I'd mention that The Fireworks album is finally available for streaming via this link.

Out on Tuesday with a free gig at the Rough Trade East shop (just off Brick Lane in that London) on Thursday at 7pm.

Sorry about the self promotion but I think it's come out really well, one of the best things I've ever been involved with... honest!

http://www.goldflakepaint.co.uk/premiere-the-fireworks-switch-me-on/

Looks like all 100 blood red vinyl copies have sold out!

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Yeh, they have actually on pre-orders, though the other 400 are in white vinyl which I quietly think looks better. Our friend Andy Hart did a great job on the sleeve, which looks good with the vinyl too...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Flex Your Head

The Fireworks tearing it up at Rough Trade just now. What's the second LP of 2015 going to be?

IMG_20150212_192455.jpg

Flex Your Head

First few bands announced for Indietracks 2015, and it's already looking pretty unmissable.

We’re incredibly excited to say that The Go! Team, Cinerama, Martha, Tigercats and Euros Childs are among the first 17 artists to be confirmed for this year’s Indietracks.

Joining them on the bill today are Desperate Journalist, Mammoth Penguins, The School, Bunnygrunt, The Catenary Wires, The Tuts, Los Bonsáis, Fire Island Pines, The Fireworks, JUNK., The Leaf Library and Eureka California. Dozens more artists will be added to the bill shortly.

http://www.indietracks.co.uk/first-acts-2015/

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
First few bands announced for Indietracks 2015, and it's already looking pretty unmissable.

We’re incredibly excited to say that The Go! Team, Cinerama, Martha, Tigercats and Euros Childs are among the first 17 artists to be confirmed for this year’s Indietracks.

Joining them on the bill today are Desperate Journalist, Mammoth Penguins, The School, Bunnygrunt, The Catenary Wires, The Tuts, Los Bonsáis, Fire Island Pines, The Fireworks, JUNK., The Leaf Library and Eureka California. Dozens more artists will be added to the bill shortly.

http://www.indietracks.co.uk/first-acts-2015/

Hmmm. A week later and I could go. As it is, that's 4 days before we release our interim press release and financial results. To quote the Shangri-Las, that's what I call bad....???

Flex Your Head

It's tempting, but what about work on Monday morning?? Can kids come too?
Drive home late on Sunday when the M1 is lovely and quiet, or get an early train from Derby or Nottingham to London on Monday.
There are always plenty of kiddoes in attendance - there's a playground, a sandy 'beach' play area, and loads of train related stuff including rides, model railways and the museum with dozens of old engines...

You'll find out pretty much everything you could ever need to know here - http://anorakforum.com/viewforum.php?f=55

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
My favourite track is almost certainly "Stay Here" - I'm very partial to heavily overdriven distorted guitar, and this really ticks that box. Great work Shaun, an album full of buzzes and tunes.

Ahh, thanks! You picked my one... (we're still working on how to play it live), though my favourite is "Took It All". We've been really chuffed at how many different songs are mentioned in reviews, rather than just the singles. Looking forward to Indietracks too...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Is it The Soup Dragons, for being the only crap baggy sell outs?

Quite a collection of bands there. Think it has to be Erasure who have clearly made the collection for releasing material on an independent record label rather than meeting the ' indie' criteria of 1987 when this tape was produced. Guess A Certain Ratio could be included for that same reason.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite a collection of bands there. Think it has to be Erasure who have clearly made the collection for releasing material on an independent record label rather than meeting the ' indie' criteria of 1987 when this tape was produced. Guess A Certain Ratio could be included for that same reason.

We'll yes. I DID realise that was who you actually meant! :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here