Incident at the gates

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Before I moved jobs I used to work in an environment where I dealt with loads of customer complaints. Some where founded, some not. But one thing always held true. If the person had no case, or at least could not prove that they did, they got diddly squat. It made no difference if they went to head office, the papers or even god himself. If I thought they were lying or the person they were complaining about was in the right then they got nothing. No refund no apology. They got even less if they tried to shout and get others involved.

I do not know if you are telling the truth, recounting a story that happened to someone else or pulling our chains. Either way the way you are going about it will achieve one thing. Your card being marked for future games. So any excuse to stop you getting in or evict you they will do it.

Wise Words.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Before I moved jobs I used to work in an environment where I dealt with loads of customer complaints. Some where founded, some not. But one thing always held true. If the person had no case, or at least could not prove that they did, they got diddly squat. It made no difference if they went to head office, the papers or even god himself. If I thought they were lying or the person they were complaining about was in the right then they got nothing. No refund no apology. They got even less if they tried to shout and get others involved.

I do not know if you are telling the truth, recounting a story that happened to someone else or pulling our chains. Either way the way you are going about it will achieve one thing. Your card being marked for future games. So any excuse to stop you getting in or evict you they will do it.

:wozza: It's a WIND UP!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! :shootself :p

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You only have to look at his cheeky (excuse the self promotion. ahem) little reponse on the Southampton Ticket thread.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
well all i can say is..see me in the argus soon .. them stewards who i am paying their wages like you ..need to be brought to book ..watch this space

where will this get you exactly??

oh yeah...........no where!:shrug:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
i didnt have any trouble and i'd had a fair few before i went in.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
well maybe i was just unlucky, still in future ill keep my gob shut, but end of the day i was just signalled out for no reason

Still, that's got to be preferably to be being singled out. :dunce:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wideguy, i am pleased you have calmed down. Please have the courtesy to re-read some of the things Uncle Spielberg has written in this thread and let them in this time. At least try them on.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
nobody feel sorry 4 me then, seeing as i paid £24 for sweet fa... denied by a jobsworth....??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If I'm going to play the part of Donald Sutherland, I'd rather it was much like his performance with Julie Christie in Don't Look Now.

Oh yeah and I just wonder which scene..................

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
nobody feel sorry 4 me then, seeing as i paid £24 for sweet fa... denied by a jobsworth....??

to have people feel sorry for you is the booby prize. Is that something you actually want?

I'm not in sympathy with you and I'm not out of sympathy with you.

If I was in your situation, I'd be pretty miffed over spending £24 and not come away with anything. However, on closer reflection, I may start to see how I inadvertently and adversely contributed to the situation.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

According to you the Argus "feel sorry" for you so with such a cutting edge paper on your side what more could you want ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Maybe you should just learn to keep your mouth shut next time you go to a match after a few beers!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

Keep your mouth shut and act sober for 120 seconds next time. Most of us learnt this skill trying to get into nightclubs in our youth.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Also couldn't you at least sell the ticket on the way out as I saw several people standing around desperate to buy a ticket ?.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Likewise Ninja, a couple of years ago we played Derby away on the first day of the season...loads of people came into the ground late, no doubt having partaken of a few sociables at a local pub...there was a big mix up over tickets, namely whether it was free seating or by numbered ticket, people (drunks) were wandering around trying to find the seat named on their ticket...only to find someone already sat in it. At the time this was going on the majority of us were standing and the stewards, ala Withdean, were doing their level best to get everyone to sit down...anyway, this really drunken women decided that she was going to stand right in front of me and spent the best part of ten minutes spoiling my view and treading on my shoes before we all sat down and she had no choice but to move elsewhere...it is little consolation to know that had the game been played at Withdean she would have been refused entry.
That is not on. I had to stand next to a drunk twat at Orient and it was pathetic, he was a disgrace. I like a drink, but I can't stand the people who get pissed before a match. Absolute joke, no sympathy for anyone who is drunk at football.
FFS, I've heard it all now, you guys are actually moaning about people drinking at a FOOTBALL MATCH!

I'm finding it difficult not to use insulting language in this reply, so all I'll say is that you both need to take a long hard look in the mirror and think about what you've said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports