Incident at the gates

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Can anyone help? I had a few drinks before the game, but was no way drunk or anything like that. I had got to the gate at the south stand and said to the female steward, "I have got a ticket for the terrace end", for a laugh... straight away a male steward came up to me and said " I cannot let you in, you have had to much". I then went to the police for advice and told them what had happend and they said "We have to go by what the stewards said, either give us your ticket or you'll be arrested". I was so, so angry at this point, that i had no alternative, then to make my way home back to Crawley.
How can I take this further, as i have been supporting brighton since the early 80's and have been treated today absolutley appalingly. All because of one steward decides he doesnt want me there.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Can anyone help? I had a few drinks before the game, but was no way drunk or anything like that. I had got to the gate at the south stand and said to the female steward, "I have got a ticket for the terrace end", straight away a male steward came up to me and said " I cannot let you in, you have had to much". I then went to the police for advice and told them what had happend and they said "We have to go by what the stewards said, either give us your ticket or you'll be arrested". I was so, so angry at this point, that i had no alternative, then to make my way home back to Crawley.
How can I take this further, as i have been supporting brighton since the early 80's and have been treated today absolutley appalingly. All because of one steward decides he doesnt want me there.

Sorry to hear that mate, but just go out and get wankered and try and forget about it, your club have had a good day today

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If a steward smells alcohol on your breath they will be inclined to think you are pissed rather than just merry. The ground regulations mean they cannot let you in as you may cause an incident or harm others. If you have a bevvy before the match its best to keep a low profile and not make a prat of yourself at the turnstiles launching into what you think is a comedy act.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Is this another one of your jokes?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Expect worse at the Valley next season, and as SJ said, go enjoy the night and think about it tomorrow.

no joke mate im taking it to the top already got the argus on my case .... the steaward concerned came nowhere near me so how would he smell alcohol ???? im sorry but im so so pissed off

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Stewards are trained in how to spot potential troublemakers and those who have had a drink (glazed eyes , staggering , misdemeanour) , if they take a dislike to you then you wont get in.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
no joke this is serious big time !!!

You heard the story about the boy who cried wolf?

All I can say is that making jokes when you have had a few is not wise. What do you expect the club to do? Do you have any witnesses? Did you get the stewards number? Did you get the police man to give you a breathalyser test? Like others have said. Put it down to experience and go enjoy the night.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just out of interest, how many drinks did you have before you got to the game?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Stewards were asking for tickets at the bottom of each block today as well...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'll be honest, I don't want someone pissed as a fart sitting anywhere near me, so I'm not disappointed to hear this guy was turned away. :thumbsup:

I hope you kept the travel voucher so you could get home though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports