Ince to be interviewed this afternoon

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Personally, I'm quite sold on Gannon now. Not a "big name" like Ince, but the more I've heard from him, the more I like the sound of him. Ince would no doubt make more headlines, but Gannon looks like the wise choice to me.

Thoroughly agree with your thoughts there Easy. :clap:

I don't know about anyone else, but it's bloody heartening to see us interviewing managers who look to get their teams playing good football (remember?) & have the potential to turn the fortunes of our club around.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I hope he does decide to stay at stockport,not because i wouldnt want him here but to show that there is still loyalty and pride in the job of football management,if he does a job here it wont be long b4 the big boys come calling. i fooking hate headhunting ffs have a bit of self respect Dick and appoint a shyte out of work one,not another teams manager. :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Same here Easy.Gannon is really growing on me.I don't fancy a big name Charlie like Ince who will move onto better things at the first chance.
You just know Gannon will sign a few Stockport players in the summer.I just hope Knight will let him bring in his own coaching staff.
If one thing Knight is good at and that is selling the club and with Gannon finding it hard to continue working at Stockport i reckon he will be our manager soon.

We love ya Jim:falmer:

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I hope he does decide to stay at stockport,not because i wouldnt want him here but to show that there is still loyalty and pride in the job of football management,if he does a job here it wont be long b4 the big boys come calling. i fooking hate headhunting ffs have a bit of self respect Dick and appoint a shyte out of work one,not another teams manager. :thumbsup:
Loyalty?

Where have Stockport shown loyalty to Gannon? It works both ways i'm affraid.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Dont want ince.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
What is the big deal with Ince? Macclesfield couldn't get any worse, most managers could have got MK Dons out of League 2 with their resources and he was shit at Blackburn.

It's all very well climbing the managerial ladder, but do we REALLY want a guy who's just been in the Prem and now drops 2 divisions, possibly 3 if things go really tits up?

I look at the situation and this isn't a good fit. I think Ince should bide his time until the summer, then see what's available. If I was his agent I'd be looking at a relegated Prem team like West Brom or Championship team with money like QPR, although realistically a Norwich or a Charlton might be where he's at.

Chris Coleman did a lot better in the Prem but is battling at Coventry, so I don't expect Ince will get much better.

spot on - I would hate Ince to be our new manager

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I do hope they are right.

Ince is SHIT.
Arrogant little bastard, hated by all the players he "manages".

They actually went on strike becuase of him at his last club.

And Knight wants to interview him ffs!!!

Or not, as it would appear.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm also sold on Gannon.

He's a decent coach, he plays football the right way, he's loyal, he knows this division, and he's ambitious. The only stumbling block might be moving the wife and kids out of the North-West; it is a factor because he's been in /around Stockport for so long and there are so many other football jobs in that part of the world.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Sorry to piss on the Anti-Ince parade, but i'd prefer him over Gannon.

I'd be concerned that Gannon is a victim of circumstance and that he's only doing well at County because of the situation the club is in - Just like Gritt & the Albion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorry to piss on the Anti-Ince parade, but i'd prefer him over Gannon.

I'd be concerned that Gannon is a victim of circumstance and that he's only doing well at County because of the situation the club is in - Just like Gritt & the Albion.

Um, hardly.

He's done well DESPITE his circumstances, not because of them.

Are you saying that, give him a few quid to spend that he'll be shite?

Actually, what ARE you on about?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Sounds to me like Gannon has already shown a lot of loyalty to Stockport. Listen to the interview with him (elsewhere on here). He's clearly been put through the mincer, had offers from other clubs and stayed loyal but in the end there is a limit. If he comes to us (and I agree with Easy - he's impressed me) then it's not a show of disloyalty on his part.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather we didn't give the job to Ince, never warmed to the guy and I know I wouldn't like him as our "Guv".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Conspiracy theory alert: Gannon has turned down the job and this is Paul Ince's second interview.
Dont you think that Gannon was the lure to reel in a bigger fish ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports