Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] In my life so far I still HAVEN’T done this….

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Never (yet) had a COVID test.

Or learned to swim (I’m over 60)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On the TV theme - have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones, even though I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy it.

On football, there are three Albion related things I hope to live to see:
- The Albion lift a cup.
- The Albion play in Europe (obviously the first ought to lead to the second)
- An Albion goalkeeper score a goal (at the right end, obvs)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Never (yet) had a COVID test.

Or learned to swim (I’m over 60)

I can swim (we were forced to do those BAGA badges down at North Road Baths, where you changed and jumped straight in out of the cubicles).

But with you on the other one - and not intending to go out on New Year's Eve.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Yet more US monoculture.

No thanks.

Homogeneity of global culture is an issue and in the main driven by capitalism and Americanisation however all three shows are excellent expositions of reality all with exceptional writing, acting and production values well worth a watch. Nothing generic about them IMO.

Back on topic I have never felt compelled to stand in a football ground with my arms wide open above my head shouting “do you want some?” Instead of watching what’s happening on the pitch and support the team. Sure I’m tribalistic but not to the extent of seeing that as that the sport on the day.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Never been to Scotland, Ireland or France (only been to Wales for the playoff final.)

Never got to fire an AK-47, Steyr AUG, SPAS-12, TEC-9, Baretta 92 or Sig Sauer P226 due to the fact that I DID get hepatitis and was seriously unwell.

Never had kids. God bless my vasectomy.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I've seen films from the USA, although I'm not a big film watcher.

I've listened to loads of music from there, especially Jazz.

I've read books from there too.

The fact remains, and this is especially so in terms of news, film and TV. We are living in a time of an all pervasive US monoculture, and I'm not a fan of it, or that nation.

Yesterday, I saw the BBC weather just before MotD. They announced, and had it in print, that the next few days are going to be super mild.

Super!?... Fecking Super!? :angry:

What's wrong with words like, very, really, or exceptionally these days? Everything is 'Super' nowadays. How did this happen. Is it Australian even, rather than American? Either way, it makes me 'super' irritated.

Oh, and The US is a terrorist nation and the biggest threat to world peace we've ever seen. I've no intention of going there.

I agree with a lot of this.

I hate the creeping Americanisation of our country, but, those 3 TV series are superb.

I have never seen an episode of Friends, Baywatch, Chips, The A Team, the talking car one, whose name escapes me, and Sex and the City.

I have only ever seen about 10 minutes of X Factor, I stopped watching when the auditions bit of the one I watched became more about bating and bullying the contestants who were obviously not the full ticket.

I felt it was a modern version of Bedlam.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I've seen films from the USA, although I'm not a big film watcher.

I've listened to loads of music from there, especially Jazz.

I've read books from there too.

The fact remains, and this is especially so in terms of news, film and TV. We are living in a time of an all pervasive US monoculture, and I'm not a fan of it, or that nation.

Yesterday, I saw the BBC weather just before MotD. They announced, and had it in print, that the next few days are going to be super mild.

Super!?... Fecking Super!? :angry:

What's wrong with words like, very, really, or exceptionally these days? Everything is 'Super' nowadays. How did this happen. Is it Australian even, rather than American? Either way, it makes me 'super' irritated.

Oh, and The US is a terrorist nation and the biggest threat to world peace we've ever seen. I've no intention of going there.

You do know that's racist. Being anti or again a race / nation.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Paid off my mortgage :rant:

Or watched a full episode of Eastenders , Corrie, Crossroads, that farm one, Neighbours or any of the Aussie soaps, Big Brother, I'm a Tw@t keep me in here, that dancing thingy and the cooking one.

Have no intention of rectifying any of that either. Except paying off the mortgage, eventually.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can I ask why?

3 of the best things I’ve ever seen on the box.

I've not watched them either. Things that are instantly massively popular instinctively put me off. Mrs T is my cultural sound board so if she tells me I really ought to give something a second look I may do so, but she hasn't flagged any of these. I will add the first 3 Star Wars to that list. OK, sooo (bearing in mind that I'm 63)

1. Never bought a record by the Rolling Stones
2. Bungee jumped
3. Taken a second fairground ride (after my one attempt on a big wheel in 1979)
4. Parachuted
5. Traveled to India, Russia or China (simply on an effort/benefit assessment basis)
6. Watched an episode of Only Fools and Horses
7. Listened to any of the recent (last 20 years) chart-topping warblers such as Dua Lipa (unless in a Witch House remix).
8. Watched an entire programme broadcast on channel 5
9. Listened to radio 2, 3 or 4, ever.
10. Listened to radio 1 any time in the last 20 years.

The above is not my bucket list, it's my **** it list (no interest in doing any of the above).

My late granny only left Sussex once - a family holiday in 1965 in Hampshire. My late mum never went farther north than London, and a visit to Regent's Park zoo was the one time she visited London. I've been and done most things, and all the things I can imagine wanting to do. And I've moved on from fantasizing about Gina Lollobrigida and Madeline Smith and having them give me a soapy tit **** :shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I've never set foot in Africa. And up to about a month ago I'd never owned a dog.

Unfortunately, now I do own a dog, the chances of setting foot in Africa have rapidly decreased. Unless anyone wants a cockapoo for two weeks while I go on Safari?

Cavoodle

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Never watched any Star Wars or Harry Potter movies. With a new big 4K TV with surround sound I'm tempted to watch a Star Wars film for the effects though.
Also on my bucket list is doing what these TV guys do and go on a 'tour' visiting places and eating only the best and staying in 5* hotels. When I'm rich that is, which is never.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here